❥ T W E N T Y E I G H T

Punch after punch rang out in the training room, accompanied by heavy exhales and squeaking shoes

Punch after punch rang out in the training room, accompanied by heavy exhales and squeaking shoes. You were dripping with sweat as you punched the sand bag dangling from the ceiling for much more than forty minutes.

"Fuck it. I can't find him anywhere!" you frustratingly shouted while punching and swiftly moving around the sand bag.

"Where could he even escape to? A safe house that I don't know about?"

You abruptly stopped at the thought. Felix hadn't really talked much about himself. All he wanted to know about was you. He studied you.

"Wait so..." you panted, "he's hiding? In a safe house...?"

You thought of any places he could be in. Any meaningful places that he would stay at. But nothing came to mind. He didn't really say anything about himself.

The both of you kept secrets hidden from each other. You betrayed each other. Felix was trying to protect you and you were trying to protect him, clashing against each other, the love that was never meant to bloom.

If only you knew that meeting Felix in the club was going to end up with you falling head over heels for him, you wouldn't have given him your number. You wouldn't have allowed him to talk to you that night. You wouldn't have smiled back at his warming smile.

He was all that you dreamt of in a man. All the qualities you wished all men would've had. But he was still a criminal and you were still a secret agent.

You were clashing from the beginning. Enemies from the beginning. If you knew he was the criminal you've been finding for a long time...would you have shot him?

Now, however, you doubt yourself if you would be able to fight against him. People say to follow your heart but what if for once your mind was actually right? Logical?

The sound of chains rattling behind you signalled that someone was close. Your eyes scanned the area with attention, sensing the presence of someone close by. That's when you turned around, preparing to punch the individual in the face.

"Calm down", her husky voice echoed in the empty basement.

"Were you about to attack me? Like damn, you scared me.", you playfully chuckled, removing your boxing gloves.

"Well you weren't wrong about the first part.", she smugly said after wearing her own boxing gloves.

"Huh?", before you could comprehend what she said, her hand swung towards you.

You blocked it.

"What the fuck? If you want me to be your training partner then you should've just told me!"

"Fuck off.", she spat.

"Hwasa..."

She was surprisingly moody and was ready to kill anyone but specifically you. She threw another punch in which you blocked again and punched her in the stomach, causing her to stumble back, grunting.

"What is wrong with you?", you asked carefully.

"Me? Oh nothing is wrong with me! I'm perfectly fine.", she sarcastically said, swinging another punch at your face.

Dodging the punch, you stepped back.

"You do know that I am the strongest female agent here right? If I take this training of yours seriously...it would not end well.", you worriedly said to her.

She scoffed, "now you care about being an agent? You fucking bitch."

"Pardon me? Hwasa, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with yo—"

"Traitor!!", she screamed.

Her echo rang in the room as she panted. Removing her gloves in a hurry, she let out a cry.

"I trusted you! I fucking thought of you as my sister!"

"Hwasa—"

"No!", she interrupted, "it's agent 034 for you."

You sighed at her unexpected behaviour, "ok. Agent 034, what is going on? I don't understand what you're talking about! Please...explain."

"You seriously don't know?", she asked to which you shook your head.

"How funny. No one else knows of this other than you!"

She threw her glove at you, which you caught, causing her to glare at you. The room was now warm due to the amount of body warmth you and hwasa emitted.

The mirror in front of you fogged up as the sand bags hung between you and the latter. The clock ticking and the creaking noises of the chain holding the sand bag was the only noise in the room.

Nothing but silence as hwasa tried to collect her thoughts. You didn't know what to think of the situation. Was it just her having a bad day? Or did she really resent you for something that you've done?

"Listen, hwa—Agent 034... i don't know what caused you to be so mad at me. Is it something that I've done to you?"

"No. It's what you've done to everyone here. You betrayed us. I thought we were a family but I guess not.", she chuckled, "I was the only one who thought that."

You thought of only one thing she could be talking about and it scared you that you might have to do something to her if it had to do with 'that'.

You could hear the cars passing by outside in the busy city. Your colleagues upstairs in front of computers, trying to find anything about dangerous criminals.

Nobody would hear you. If something were to happen in the basement, it wouldn't make a noise upstairs which would lead to no one coming to you.

Even though hwasa was a lower rank than you, she's always determined and strong willed. Nothing could stop her from her own thoughts.

"You're the mole aren't you?"

Silence filled the room once again. This time, the creaking noises stopped as the sand bags stood still. The clock noises seemed louder than usual and the room seemed way too warm.

"What...?", was all you could let out in the quiet room.

"Don't pretend to be innocent in front of me bitch. I know it's you. It could only be you. Now, tell me. Are you the fucking mole, Y/N?", she said through gritted teeth.

You sighed and was about to answer until someone answered for you.

"No, she's not."

Hwasa turned to look at the entrance of the training room in order to see the source of the voice.

"Jungkook...", you softly said as you shook your head at him, not wanting him to get involved. If one goes down, the other shouldn't.

Hwasa scoffed, "You too."

"Huh?", he said.

"You're a mole too, aren't you?", she said, pointing her finger at him.

"Listen—", you said, stepping closer to her but she abruptly stopped you.

"No! Don't you dare come closer. Just answer the goddamn question! A simple yes or n—"

"Yes."

"Eh?", she let out as if she expected a no despite being so upfront about it.

"You're right.", you said.

"We're the moles.", jungkook continued as he rolled his eyes and ruffled his hair annoyingly.

——
[NiNi: hahahahha....hi? Dw I'm alive. I'm acc getting married next week so👀]