Chapter 54: Rooftops

George POV.

For the few minutes after we had fought Punz and Wilbur there was a silence between the two of us. We were just focusing on getting as far away from there as possible. I jumped over the rooftops in pace with the blond, the two of us panting as we stopped for a break for the first time in five minutes or so.

We turned over to look at each other, our breaths heavy from the exhaustion of running and from the fight. “Y’know…” Dream began, looking me up and down with his eyes, which I knew were a piercing green but I still hadn’t had the chance to look at yet. “I had thought you were hot before, but seeing that you were able to kick ass like that puts you on a whole other level.”

“Thank you.” I allowed myself to respond, before our gazes drifted apart. Both of us looked over in the direction we came from, remembering what had just happened. My hand was still warm and sparks continued to run through them.

I didn’t know what else to say to him after that. So we were left like that. The two of us standing on a rooftop, exact opposites facing off against each other. A superhero and a criminal. Good and Evil. Two people who should never be together. According to everyone we should hate each other with every inch of our being. But at least once we were lovers.

What was I supposed to do as I tried to admire him from the corner of my eye? His beautiful bright green eyes which I could get lost in. His messy blond hair which my hands could get tangled in. His soft pink lips which felt amazing pressed against my own.

“Georgie. You are staring.” The blond hummed, not moving to look over at me. However, I knew that he began to smirk, especially when my face broke out in a red hue.
“I am not staring.” I responded. “I was just… admiring one of the best… uh- views in the city. I haven’t been able to do that for a couple of months.”

At the suggestion I had crossed my arms in a huff, lowering my gaze down to look at my feet, until I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. “I didn’t know I was one of the best views in the city.” He said in a mocking tone, his hand tracing over the synthetic fibre of my suit, making my breath hitch slightly.

“God. I never thought this kind of thing would look good on you.” He hummed. “I couldn’t see your beauty properly from the darkness of the basement.” I felt the urge to fall into his words, to allow them to overwhelm me and drive me insane. However, I resisted,

I wanted him. I knew that clearly. Even though he was a criminal, and I was a hero. And even though we will probably never be able to spend time together because he would be causing crime, and I would stopping it. I didn’t care about any of that stuff though. All that mattered was how he made me feel. And he made me feel good.

But every time that mindset runs through me, I remember what he thinks about me. What he thinks about superheroes in general. How he has made it perfectly clear that the world would be better if we were all dead. 

So by logical reasoning I knew he was talking about me too. Dream wouldn’t want to date a superhero anyway. He’d want someone he can keep close to him. Somebody to share his secrets and his hopes and his desires with. A superhero such as myself couldn’t do either of those things, no matter how much I wanted to.

The loud sound of a helicopter flying overhead caught my attention, causing me to look upwards in worry. “It’s the police,” the sociopath muttered, glancing up in the direction of the flying vehicle. “We need to move before it spots us.” He glanced over at me after saying that, clearly wanting me to lead the way and so I just nodded.

“Let’s go.” I responded before running over to the edge of the building and jumping off it without hesitation. Dream followed afterwards as I landed on a narrow street in an alleyway. Not much was in here except a couple of loading docks for all sorts of shops around the area, and so the two of us stuck close to the walls, trying to keep out of sight from both above and passers by.

We were both available to stay relatively invisible though, having trained for years about how to move through cities unnoticed. Although the two of us both learned under different circumstances and use it for different reasons. We still were more cautious than usual though, since we were both currently in the top five most wanted people in L’manburg.

“Do you know a place where we can lie low for a while?” Dream questioned quietly, standing less than a foot behind me so that his voice didn’t have to be too loud. “A place where the cops and that asshole Wilbur can’t find us?” I hesitated before answering so that I could have a minute to think, trying to come up with possible locations.

The police knew about a lot of our safehouses and so we couldn’t go there, meaning that all of the places where we could stay were unavailable. Except for one…
“I know a place,” I nodded, however refusing to meet his gaze if I decided whether to bring it up or not. “I’m just not sure if it would be good to take you there.”

“If you are worried that I won’t find it nice enough then you should know that I seriously couldn’t care less about-” Before he could finish his sentence I cut him off.
“It’s not how fancy the place is. It’s about the fact it is the superhero headquarters and I doubt Phil or anyone else would want a criminal staying here.”

“Well, let’s be completely fair and honest here…” The blond began, over pronouncing most of the words (most likely to try and irritate me). “I have let you stay in my room, taken you and several dates, gifted you really nice things, and had sex with you. You letting me stay in your secret base is probably fair enough at this point.”

“Our first date was your henchmen drugging and kidnapping me. I had no say whatsoever in that, plus I got arrested during that too.” I reminded him. “How do I know that you won’t blow up our headquarters or try and slit everyone’s throats in our sleeps.”

“Well my darling,” he hummed slowly, causing my gaze to snap away from his before another round of blush washed over me. “I promise you, my darling Georgie, that until Wilbur is dead, or arrested, I will work with you and not try and kill you or anyone you care about.” He finished what he was saying and forced me to make eye contact again. “Was that good?”

I scrunched up my face, feeling confused as to why he’d offer that, however I knew that it was too useful to refuse and so I nodded. “Fine. But you have to wear a blindfold as I take you there so you can’t tell where we are. Deal?” I offered my hand out to shake, and without hesitation, the blond shook it.

“Deal.” Dream happily responded, before ripping off just around the hem of his shirt and holding it up. “Will this be good for a blindfold?”
I gave a nod, taking the fabric from the blond and moving forward until our chests were pressed together so that I could be close enough to tie the blindfold easily.

As I was doing this, Dream’s hands rested on my waist, and once I was done he pulled me in close for a kiss on the lips, which caught me by surprise but I quickly leaned back into it. Both of us moaned against each other before I suddenly heard a scream causing me to push a still blindfolded (and now shocked) Dream away from me.

“What the hell Gogy?” The blond teenager asked, suddenly standing behind me. For a moment I was confused, but then a wide smile grew on my face.
_________________________________________
1412 words

AntiheroesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara