Chapter 32: Stay Quiet

Tommy POV.

“Come on!” I cheered triumphantly, feeling excited as I led Ranboo and Tubbo down the alley to where the HQ was. “Phil said we are going to try superhero training today!”
“Are you sure that you still want to do superhero training?” Ranboo asked, sending me a cautious glance.

“Of course! I can be the best hero in this fucking city. I will be better than George, Karl, and Bad all in one. Big man will be the greatest hero the world has ever seen!” I allowed my thoughts to drift to what that would be like. There would probably be parades for me, giant TV screens always showing my face, and I’d be rich, with lots of pretty women too.

“Anyway,” I continued. “Let’s go and get ready to kick some bad guy ass! Let’s go Enderman and Tubbster!” Without waiting for them I began sprinting towards the HQ entrance.
“We never agreed to those names!” Tubbo called after me, before he and Ranboo ran to catch up.

The HQ was quiet when we got inside, and my eyes lit up slightly, immediately jumping to the conclusion that we were already beginning training. Maybe Phil was hiding and we had to find him? In preparation to find criminals who might be hiding, or hostages who are held somewhere.

I dropped my bag on the floor as I ran inside, beginning to look around eagerly in all of the best hiding spots. There are a lot of little nooks and crannies around the room, most of which I know of to some degree. Tubbo and Ranboo both just looked at me weirdly.

“What are you doing?” Tubbo asked, watching as I knelt down to look under the couch to see if Phil had somehow squeezed himself under there.
“Looking for Philza,” I answered. “He is probably hiding somewhere as our first training exercise.” I then realised that since I was the team leader I needed to tell my team what to do.

“Tubbo,” I said, turning to look at him. “You go start checking all of the bedrooms, if they are unlocked see if Phil is in there. Ranboo you search the kitchen. Once us two are done we’ll search the training room, the medbay, and the armoury.”

“No need.” Ranboo responded, picking up a piece of paper sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch. “It’s a note from Phil. He said he went out to get something to eat with George and our training will start tomorrow.” I went over and I grabbed the note from him, reading through it before letting out a small ‘oh’.

“That’s a shame.” Tubbo added, giving me a pat on the shoulder as I reread the note (there was always some possibility it was a set up by George and Phil, and that there was some clue to where they were hiding). “It seems like superhero training would have been kind of fun, especially after having no good subjects today.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. For a moment I was kinda upset about the fact that I had been excited for this and nothing was happening, but then my grin widened again. “Actually… Why don’t we start training now? We could get really good today and surprise Philza tomorrow.”

“Is that really a good idea?” Ranboo questioned. “We do have a lot of homework Tommy. Maybe instead of training we can do that.”
“My parents want me to do some laundry when I get home, so I could do that now instead of later.” Tubbo added on, agreeing with Ranboo.

“Please guys, think how impressed Phil will be when he sees we already have trained.” I begged my two friends. They once again exchanged a glance before turning to me and nodding, which almost made me jump around victoriously.

“Cool! I think Karl might be here. Maybe he could teach us some fighting skills!” I suggested, while already heading off to the teleporters bedroom. Without bothering to knock because, well he loves me, I barged into the room.

Sapnap POV.

Karl had fallen asleep, his head was on my chest and I was playing with his hair while trying to fall asleep myself, since I wanted to just get over today, after all that had happened. It was hard to sleep though, since I was in the middle of a superhero base, with several other people probably around here.

And because of the fact that there were other people around, I kept my ears sharp, listening to any cue that somebody was coming to get me. My eyes stayed focused on the door, waiting for any sign of someone approaching. There was a quiet chatter from somewhere nearby, however it didn’t seem like anybody was coming here at the moment.

However, without me even knowing when or how someone came here, somebody burst through the door. “Karl!” The voice, one of a young male who was probably a teenager called. My eyes widened since I didn’t have the time to duck, and as a usual reaction, I had grabbed the gun from my holster, aiming it at the threat.

“What the fuck?!” He practically yelled, seeing me on the bed with Karl who was awake at the sudden loud noise. And that’s when I recognised him. The blond was the one who Wilbur had locked in a bedroom in the docks. “Why the hell are you here?” He asked, looking from me to Karl, and then back at me again.

“Tommy,” Karl practically snarled at the teen, before noticing that I was aiming a gun at him and pointing it downwards before taking a deep sigh and continuing. “What did I tell you about coming into my room without knocking?”

“Why the hell is he here?” Tommy asked, ignoring Karl as he glared at me, and I noticed two other teens appear behind him.
“He is here because well…” Karl didn’t finish and so I did.
“Karl invited me here,” I answered smugly. “He is letting me stay.”

“Does Philza know about this?” The blond, Tommy, asked again, and I noticed Karl pale slightly at the name.
“He doesn’t, and you are not going to tell him. Do you understand?” Tommy shrugged, much to Karl’s (and my) annoyance.

“Why have so many criminals been here in the past month?” Ranboo asked out of the blue, causing Karl’s expression to change to one of confusion as he looked at the other teen.
“What do you mean?” The teleporter questioned.

“Well the night before the explosion happened-” He was cut off by the sound of the door opening, which made all of us freeze.
“Tommy! We’re back. Are you home from school?” Someone called out, and all of us turned our attention to the blond.

Tommy didn’t say anything, but Ranboo nudged him, encouraging him to do so. “Yeah, I’m here Phil!” He called out. “I’m in my… uh…” He looked at Karl with a pitiful expression before finishing. “I’m in my room. Ranboo and Tubbo and Karl are with me.”

“Karl’s out of his room?” The old sounding man asked, and Tommy responded with another ‘yeah’. “Can you get him to come out?” The man continued. “I haven’t talked to him in days.” Another death glare was shot at the blond by Karl, who climbed out of the bed and motioned for all of the teens to go to Phil.

“Stay quiet,” he told me, pressing a kiss to my cheek. Without letting me respond he walked off, going to talk to whoever the man was in the other room.
_________________________________________
1272 words