Chapter 34: He knows

Philza POV.

George and I walked through the doors into the headquarters, with me feeling grateful that he was feeling better and had actually talked to me. We didn’t talk about anything overly important, as much as I wanted to ask how he was feeling after what had happened, I was worried that he’d shut down if I started talking about him.

I also got him to eat, it wasn’t the biggest meal in the world, but eating something small was better than the brunette not eating at all. And now we were back, I pressed the palm of my hand against a scanner, and the door slid open.

George walked down first, falling back into the same silence he had been in for the past couple of days, stumbling into the living room and collapsing on the couch. I took my time however, waiting a couple of seconds to make sure that the door slid closed behind us. Then as I descended the stairs I noticed how quiet it was, and that the lights were off too.

Part of me immediately worried, it was late, and the lights being off probably meant nobody was home. “Tommy!” I called out to my son, wanting to make sure that he was here and that I wouldn’t have to send a search party to find him. “We’re back. Are you home from school?”

There were a couple of moments of silence, and I was about to believe my fears were confirmed before he answered. “Yeah, I’m here Phil!” The blond called out, coming from down the hallway where the bedrooms were. “I’m in my… uh…” He hesitated for a moment before continuing. “I’m in my room. Ranboo and Tubbo and Karl are with me.”

The mention of the teleporter made me happy. Karl was with Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo, and all four of them were in Tommy’s room. “Karl’s out of his room?” I questioned, thinking for a second that I had misheard him.
“Yeah. He’s out of his room.” Tommy responded.

“Can you get him to come out? I haven’t talked to him in days.” I stated, trying not to sound too hopeful. If Karl didn’t want to speak to me then I obviously wouldn’t make him, however I doubt he’d rather go to Tommy for advice.

“Of course.” Tommy complied, and a couple of moments later he came out of the hallway with Tubbo and Ranboo following after him, slightly behind the pair of them was Karl, who seemed like he was in a better condition than George had been in. He seemed like he had been crying recently, but didn’t seem anywhere near as hungry as the other brunette had looked.

“Karl,” I said, allowing myself to smile as I saw him coming into the room. “It’s been a couple of days since I’ve seen you. How are you feeling?”
“Better… I guess.” Karl answered with a shrug, and my smile faltered slightly at his response. “A lot has happened over the past couple of days.”

“Are you hungry?” I decided to ask him, before I got to talking to him about anything else. “I haven’t seen you in a couple of days. Have you eaten recently?”
Karl nodded. “Yeah,” he told me. “I’ve eaten recently. I don’t need anything at the moment though. There is still plenty of food in my room.”

He walked over to me, seeming more cautious with each step. “Actually Philza, there was something that I wanted to tell you about, something that I saw on the news.” I felt myself grow worried from the tone in his voice.
“What did you see?” I asked, watching as he grew more worried with each word I said.

I had known that he had struggled with his emotions, often when he was overly upset or scared he’d teleport on instinct, never staying in one place, meaning that if he felt scared nobody could grab him. He seemed close to freaking out at the mention of it, and I took his hands in mine, getting him to focus on me. “Explain Karl,” I instructed.

There was a nod before the brunette started explaining. “Well I was watching a talk show, I don’t remember what it was called exactly but I am pretty sure the interviewer was called, maybe Katy or Catherine or something…”

“Kathy from Kathy’s corner!” Tommy butted in excitedly, seeming proud that he knew what Karl had been talking about. But once he saw all of us; myself, Karl, Ranboo, Tubbo, and George all staring he immediately defended himself, claiming he only knew about it because all the women loved that show, and because the host was an attractive lady.

“Anyway,” I looked from my blond son over to Karl again. “Can you continue, Karl?” He turned back to me and nodded.
“Well, Wilbur was being interviewed by the host. And he ended up telling her about George and I. He told them our names and everything.”

The teleporter avoided eye contact as he said that, acting as though I was going to be mad at him for this. His grey eyes even seemed to dim while he focused his attention on his hands, which he was starting to fiddle with. George seemed as confused and terrified as I felt as he stared at his best friend.

“How did he find out?” I asked, trying not to sound mad or irritated, which I wasn’t… well not mad or irritated at them, instead I was mad and irritated at my son’s actions.
“I don’t know. I told him my name, but that’s all, nothing else I swear.” The hero seemed close to tears at this point.

Karl POV.

How did Wilbur find out? I had been asking that question myself since the day with the bomb, the day Bad got injured. For a while now I had convinced myself that I just wasn’t good at hiding it, but as I stood here, opposite Phil who could seemingly read me like a book I felt that there was more to it.

Him questioning me, questioning how Wilbur ended up finding out when he knows damn well I wouldn’t tell him made me second guess myself. My thoughts began trailing to the fact that Sapnap knew. Sapnap had known about me being a hero for a while now. He was the only one who would have had the chance to tell Wilbur.

It felt weird to think this, because as my thoughts continued to build I began realising how much sense it made that he was the one that told Wilbur. But at the same time I knew it was wrong of me to think that. Sapnap was my boyfriend, and no loving boyfried would do that, right?

“I am going to go to bed,” I stated suddenly, cutting off Phil as he spoke to George about something, since I knew that I needed to ask the ravenette about this. Then I added on a quick ‘goodnight’ before stepping around the three teenagers and heading into the hallway.

Obviously I couldn’t be sure if it was true, but now that the thoughts had come into my mind it was as if they couldn’t leave. My brain was running two hundred miles per hour as I thought of all the chances Sapnap would have had to tell Wilbur, or literally anyone.

When I returned to my bedroom the ravenette was in there, sitting on my bed. He stood up as I came in, but before he got the chance to say anything I cut him off. “Did you tell him?” I asked, my voice low and harsh like a snarl as I spoke.
_________________________________________
1340 words

Bipolar Karl

Only because it is explainable for him to feel like this. Karl found out his identity was revealed along with George's and he knows that Sapnap knows, but doesn't know how much Skeppy knows.

Also it means Sapnap can't get any 😏 for a while. If ya know what I mean.