Chapter 14: Gone

Dream POV.

‘That henchman is going to pay hell for barging into my room like that.’ I grumbled as I finished drying my hair off in front of the bathroom mirror. The entire time I had been showing and changing I was thinking about how I could ‘teach’ him not to go places without knocking on the door.

The glare I was giving myself in the mirror was cut off as I secured my mask in front of my face, tilting my head cautiously to the side to admire how I looked before turning to walk out of the room. George had been sitting patiently on the bed waiting for me, dark bags under his eyes showing how tired and dazed he was.

Without a word to me the exhausted brunette stood up and stumbled tiredly over to the bathroom for a shower, which made me chuckle, however afterwards my expression changed to one of worry. Last night he had told me Punz and Wilbur had taken him and Karl. They had betrayed me and now knew about the brunette and what he means to me.

If one of the people who was my most trusted could betray me like this, then who knows who else would be able to do that. Honestly, I was considering keeping him in my line of sight for as long as possible. Even though I knew George would probably hate it, it was for the best.

I waited quietly, listening to the sound of the shower running in the bathroom. A few minutes later it shut off and then the brunette shuffled out a couple of moments later. He was wearing a pair of jeans, and the same oversized green hoodie overtop, using his hands to smooth down his hair which had spiked up from the shower.

He caught me looking at him and gave a weak smile, I mirrored the look but the brunette obviously couldn’t see it. A couple of moments passed with the two of us watching each other before George’s stomach started to rumble, causing a scarlet hue to spread over his face.

“Are you feeling hungry?” I asked half jokingly, since it was pretty clear that he was. George reluctantly nodded while avoiding eye contact. After being gone for almost a whole day I was ready to get all of the food in the city for him. Whatever he felt like since I regretted allowing him to get taken into those assholes hands.

Instead though, I held back since I didn’t want to tire the already exhausted Brit out more, simply asking. “What would you like to eat? I will get you anything that you want.”
“That’s okay. I just want an apple or something to be honest.” He admitted, and I nodded.

“If that’s all you want. Would you like to go to an orchard to pick it out now?” I felt weird offering it but I wanted him to know that I was sorry. And I rarely said sorry, so that wasn’t going to be happening any time soon.
“Dream. It’s fine. I just want an apple. No need to go to all that effort over a piece of fruit.”

“Fine.” I said, huffing slightly. It did, at the very least, seem that what I said made him at least a little happy. “How about we head down to the kitchen and see if there are any apples.” I offered my gloved hand out to him, but retracted it when I saw the look of surprise on his face. “Is something wrong?” I questioned, now feeling slightly disgruntled.

“Nothing, it’s just you offered to hold my hand.” He said, seeming slightly shocked. I raised my eyebrow at him, once again it was obvious that he wouldn’t be able to notice, before asking if he had a problem with that.
“I just don’t want you to get hurt again,” I informed him mindfully.

“If you are with me I doubt that anyone will try anything,” George spoke softly, making me beam with pride from under the mask. The thought of George knowing I would protect him when he was otherwise defenceless made me feel good.

Even though George didn’t take my hand, the second he stepped out into the dimly lit corridor with me following after him, I wrapped my arm around his waist. The two of us headed downstairs and into the kitchen, with me beginning the search for the apples which George wanted to eat.

He sat down at a table before resting his head in his hands, a clear sign of how tired he was, and once I finally found an apple I moved over to him. “George,” I said teasingly, putting my hand on his upper back and rubbing it gently. He grumbled lightly but sat up to look at me, his eyes already beginning to droop again as he went to lower his head back down.

“You need to eat sweetie,” I cooed, brushing my hand along the side of his face. “You wanted an apple so you need to eat. Then you can go back to bed.”
“Is this how you show affection, Dream? Because it is seriously creepy.” I looked over to see Sapnap standing at the bottom of the staircase, and found a snarl appearing under my mask.

“What do you want?” I asked, moving my hands to rest on George’s shoulder protectively. The brunette lifted his head warily to look over at the ravenette but said nothing.
“I just want to get something to eat for myself and for Karl. Don’t need to be so clingy and protective.” The arsonist said, walking passed me to the fridge.

The two of us glared at each other for a couple of moments as Sapnap walked. George just watched the two of us for a couple of moments with a worried expression on his face. He was pretty annoyed by the way I was acting and he said, “Dream, I doubt Sapnap would kidnap me, Karl was taken too, by the way.”

“Exactly!” Sapnap replied, and I lowered my guard as I looked between the two of them. “Plus, I would never take George since I do not want to die.”
“Mhm, since you know that I would kill you if you even thought about touching him.” I threatened, crossing my arms.

“Sure. That is one reason, but you are not the only person who I think will kill me.” The ravenette said, and I just hummed, thinking that he was right and that Karl probably would kill him. So I stood down, pulling out the chair beside George and taking a seat next to him.

I watched for a couple of minutes as Sapnap began grabbing huge bags of food (he said it was for him and Karl but I had a feeling he’d eat most of it). “How is Karl?” George asked from beside me. “Is he feeling okay?”
Sapnap nodded, “he is asleep currently, but other than that he’s fine.”

As the ravenette was talking someone walked through the door, causing all three of us to look over. Skeppy stumbled into the room, sweat coating his forehead as he panted lightly. “Hey Skeppy,” Sapnap greeted, before noting the stressed expression on the gem thief’s face. “Is something wrong?”

“Yeah.” Skeppy huffed, looking Sapnap in the eye but occasionally glancing at where he thought my eyes would be. “Half of our men are missing.”
_________________________________________
1247 words