❥𝗔𝗹𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴

❥𝗔𝗹𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴

7:00pm- Amara is at the airport.

I roll my neck and groan as I tiredly walk into the elevator. I would think that after my engagement with Marissa ended that many people would cut business ties with me because of Marissa's father but that is the opposite of what happened.

There were a few idiotic people who stopped doing business with me but I didn't mind because I don't need them anyway.

My company is and has been flourishing. I have another building in Italy that is already in construction and many people have already reached out to do business with me. Despite, Marissa and her dad trying to use every opportunity to destroy my company they have failed.

I have never been more successful.

And I should be more than happy but it doesn't feel right without Amara by my side.

I hear Alison's footsteps behind me which causes me to mentally roll my eyes.

Alison is my temporary assistant since my other one is on maternity leave.

She has been on my nerves all fucking day.

She doesn't know what personal space means and she keeps on trying to ask me personal questions.

The only reason I chose her is because her resume was impressive. She's worked for other important companies before, but I should have noticed that she was never there for a long time.

And now I know why.

"I honestly don't know how you put up with all these meetings," Alison tries to talk to me, but my mind is somewhere else.

Amara.

I miss her so much and I don't know if I can stop myself from going to her apartment again.

After Lucero gave me that long talk about Amara needing space, her words went through one ear and out the other.

My mind began to overthink.

Overthink so many possibilities.

And the one possibility that made my stomach absolutely turn was that Amara was never coming back to me.

And that's what made me go over to her apartment.

But I was wrong in doing so.

I should have listened to Lucero when she told me to give her space.

But I'm not a patient man.

Especially when it's about Amara.

I don't know what the hell she's done to me. She has me on a fucking leash and I'll never admit it out loud because Mason will for sure make fun of me for it.