❥𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

❥𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Trigger warning: Suicide attempt

"Marissa, I'm back with the stuff!" I yell out as I close the door with my foot since my hands are occupied with bags of junk food.

Marissa is three months pregnant and she has a lot of crazy cravings. The junk food makes her happy which makes the baby happy. I need both of them happy.

Even though, I don't love her I'm willing to learn to love her for my child.

My child.

I wasn't ready to become a father, but I honestly couldn't wait to have my baby in my arms.

I would raise them differently, differently than my parents raised me.

My child will be surrounded with love and comfort. They will have everything they need.

"Marissa?" I call out and get no response again. Marissa has been going through a tough time because her father didn't take the news well about her being pregnant.

After I talked to her father, he managed to calm down but still wouldn't look her in the eyes. So, it was safe to say he was still furious.

He expects a lot of her, which makes sense because she is the only child but he's too harsh on her.

I am trying to be there for her but she keeps shutting me out.

I take notice that the door of the bathroom is shut. I place all of the junk food on the counter and walk over to the door.

I knock a couple times, "I brought the ice cream." I tell her and wait for her response but all I hear is the sound of water running.

I turn the knob and realize that she locked it. "Marissa?" Urgency in my voice as I rattle the door knob. "Marissa!" I yell as I try to push open the door.

I push my body against the door several times before it bursts open. My eyes widen and my heart races when I see a unconscious Marissa on the floor.

Her eyes are closed, but her cheeks are stained with tears. Her lips are dried up with a little hint of purple on them. Her dark black hair is sprawled out on the floor, with some white pills surrounding her.

A bottle of sleeping pills that is almost empty in her hand and the water of the shower running so I could think she was using it.

I fall to my knees quickly, grabbing her limp body into my arms. "Hey! Marissa!" I shake her, hoping she will wake up. Hoping that the baby is fine.

"Marissa, please, don't do this!" I beg as I feel tears blur my vision. I need to call for help, she can't be dead.

My baby isn't dead.