❥𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗕𝗼𝘆

❥𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗕𝗼𝘆

Brushing my hair for the hundredth time, I chew on my lip nervously

Brushing my hair for the hundredth time, I chew on my lip nervously. Trying to make sure every piece of my wavy hair is neatly combed.

I wonder if my outfit is too much or too little for where Dario is taking me?

He didn't exactly tell me what to wear, all he said was get ready.

Looking in the mirror, I fix the straps of my dress and pull the hem of it slightly down.

Why am I worrying about what I wear? He isn't important. He's just someone I'm having fun with.

Grabbing my lipgloss I pause when I see Lucero come into the view of the mirror.

"Um," Lucero clears her throat as I make eye contact with her through the mirror. "I wanted to know if you are going to have dinner with us tonight?" She quietly asks as I put a layer of lipgloss before answering.

I know Lucero and I are both in the wrong, but when she compared me to my dad, she crossed the line.

"No, uh, I'm going out tonight," I tell her and I see her face fall.

"But for the rest of the week I will have dinner with you guys," I try to make her feel better and see happiness light in her eyes.

She nods her head and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, "Amara, I'm sorry for last night."

"I'm sorry too," I tell her and give her a small smile through the mirror. She immediately comes towards me and hugs me from behind, placing her head on my shoulder.

I place a small kiss on the side of her head and she hums. "You look beautiful. Where are you going?" She asks playing with the hair on my shoulder.

I don't know what to tell her since this isn't a date.

And I don't want to tell her it's just some guy because of what she said yesterday.

"I'm going out with Lola," I smile and she nods her head, helping fix my hair.

"Well, you look beautiful. I hope you guys have fun and please be safe," she says and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you and I will. I won't be home late," I reassure her. She grabs my silver rose pendant from the tabletop of the vanity and moves my hair aside, putting it around my neck.

"I know you only wear it on special occasions because mom gave it to you, but it matches your outfit," she says and I smile rubbing the silver rose with my fingers.

How I wish my mom was here. If she was here things would be completely different.

Both of our heads snap towards my phone once we hear it vibrate. I pick up my phone and see that it's Dario letting me know he is outside.