❥𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

❥𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

Veronica and I both stare at each other as she tiredly waits for me to say something

"You know you called me several times last night and yet the minute you get here you have nothing to say," she sighs and I chew on my lip.

It is true, I did call her several times last night. I didn't sleep over at Dario's last night because he had to be with Marissa.

Which I understand since she is pregnant, but last night I couldn't sleep at all. As much as I hate to admit it, the nightmares come when I sleep alone.

When I sleep in Dario's arms, the nightmares don't come, only good dreams.

Lola was with Cameron, so I couldn't ask her to sleep with me and Lucero, well she has a family of her own and I don't want to be a burden to her.

"I had a nightmare last night," I mumble under my breath and she nods her head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She gently asks and I nod.

I fidget with my hands as I look around the room. "It was about Ricardo," I breathe deeply and she looks at me telling me to continue.

"I think it's because I saw him the other day at the cafe across from my school," I continue. "In the nightmare he found out where I lived and he broke in," my lip quivers and I close my eyes.

"He came into my room and covered my mouth with his hand as he got on top of me," my voice cracks and I shake my head. "No matter how hard I screamed and pleaded...nobody heard me," I sniffle and Veronica grabs the tissues handing it over to me.

I hesitantly grab it and put it next to me in case I decide to bawl my eyes out.

"And his eyes were so dark and the weight of his body felt so real," tears begin to blur my vision but I try to blink them away.

"Let it go, Amara," she tells me and I feel the tears escaping my eyes as my chest vibrates with every sob.

I quickly grab the tissues and wipe my tears away. I grab another one and blow my nose into it.

"Amara, this is the progress I wanted, you finally let yourself cry. You let yourself be vulnerable,"she proudly says and I sniffle.

"Next step is healing, learn to love yourself, Amara," she says and I feel the stream of tears fill my eyes again.

"I-I d-don't know how," I cry trying to cover my face from the embarrassment of my crying.

Veronica leans closer to me and places her hand on mine, "That is why you are here. I'll be honest it won't take a short period of time," she trails off and I nod my head.

"It's going to be a long time and you have to put in some work, Amara," her voice serious but also gentle.

"I-I will," I stutter and wipe my tears from under my eyes.