27

The next day is there first day of lessons and there first class is care of magical creatures. They head down to Hagrid's Hut where he is waiting outside for everyone to show up. Once everyone is there Hagrid leads them a little way into the forest before stopping in a small clearing.

"Alright everyone. If Youd open your books, we will begin."

"And how exactly do you plan on us to do that?" Draco asks holding up his book that is tied shut.

Looking around everyone's book is tied shut.

"Oh, you just stroke the spine o course." Hagrid responds waving it off.

Harry carefully strokes the spine of his book tell it calms down before opening.

And Hagrid walks off bringing back a Hippogriff. He tosses the bird horse some food. "Now he is a Hippogriff. His name is Buckbeak. They are very proud creatures. If treated with respect theyd allow you to pet him. So. Who'd like to go first."

Harry stands frozen as Hagrid turns to the class.

"Oh, Harry come right up."

Harry looks around noticing everyone stepped away. Harry straitens his back and slowly approaches the animal.

"Alright now bow."

Harry glances at Hagrid slowly bowing to Buckbeak. Though the creature seems to not like him, Hagrid yells something but Harry just takes a page out of Severus book and kneels down keeping his head down putting one hand on his back the other over his heart just like hes seen his butler do.

The bird calms down and nuzzles his hair.

"Good job Harry. Now you can pet him."

Harry gets up watching Buckbeak and pets the creature.

"He seems to like you." He picks harry up. "So, you can ride him."

"Wait what?" Harry says as hes plopped onto Buckbeaks back. He holds on tight as Buckbeak runs forward before jumping into the air. And no. Harry did not scream. Thank you very much.

Harry clings to his back as they rise high into the sky. Once Buckbeak levels out Harry relaxes taking the scenery in around him. Buckbeak circles the lake before going back to the small clearing were everyone cheers for Harry as they land. Harry slides of the animal giving him a gentle pat on the neck. The rest of the class time goes without a problem, Hagrid feeds Buckbeak and lets everyone else try to approach the animal before they go inside and head to their next class, Divination. 

They all sit around small tables on pillows and Trawnly hands them teacups. "Today we will be reading tea leaves. Nevil you can grab another cup in the cupboard." She says a minute before Nevil drops his. She sighs and walks around the room as everyone reads the page on tea leaves and sips their drinks. Harry grimaces at his, it's not as good as what Severus makes.  

Harry and Ron exchange cups and Ron frowns. "This looks like a bunny and sun. So. You'll suffer... But you'll be happy about it."

Harry shrugs. "Sounds about right." 

Trawnly looks down and asks for a closer look before dropping the cup. "Oh my."

Harry frowns. "What is it?"

"You have the grim." she gasps out. 

harry looks at Ron who turns to the page that speaks of the Grim. "It saysssss that seeing the grim means you are close to dyeing."

Harry snorts then just starts to laugh. "Oh really? hah. Severus will find this hilarious!" 

Trawnly looks at Harry taken aback. "This is no laughing matter."

"Alright alright. Let's see what you got Ron."

In potions all the Gryffindor students are still worried about Harrys impending death. Severus frowns at the class seeing them all worried besides Ron Hermione and Harry. "What has all of you so gloomy." Severus asks after making his third round around the room as they made their potions. 

"Harry is going to die." Nevil says nonchalantly.

Severus grins. "Oh really? Says who?" 

"Professor Trawnly. I don't think Harry is going to die. Shes a fraud." Hermione tells him rolling her eyes.

"We read tea leaves and I supposedly got the grim, which means I'll die." Harry says and snorts a laugh.

"Alright. well, I can assure you all Harry is not going to die any time soon, he is perfectly safe." Severus says as Nevils cauldron explodes. "Well. Maybe as long as Longbottom is not brewing potions hes safe." Severus snaps and has Dean take him to the hospital wing real quick as he cleans the mess. 

Then they have DADA. Nevil comes back from the Hospital wing and as soon as they walk in Harry notices a cabinet that is shaking slightly and has banging sounds coming from the inside. 

Remus has them all gather around the cabinet. "Can anyone tell me what a Bogart is? Yes Miss Granger."

"A bogart likes to hide in dark spaces and they take form of what you are scared of. No one has seen what its true form is because of that."

Remus smiles. "Correct five points to Gryffindor. And the spell used to counter that is called Ridicules. Who would like to go first? Nevil?" 

Nevil nervously walks up to Lupin.

"So, what are you scared of?" 

"Well, um. Professor Snape is pretty scary."

Harry hides a laugh thinking that Nevil hasn't even seen his true form or even knows the fact that Severus is a demon. 

"Ah well, he is pretty scary isn't he. now I just want you to do this for me." Remus says then whispers something to Nevil. 

Nevil steps up to the cabinet, it stops shaking and Lupin undoes the lock and slowly a perfect mirror image of Severus steps out. Nevil raises his wand and says, "ridicules." Then the clothes on the boggart change to grandma looking clothes. 

Remus has them all line up to take turns going against the boggart and Harry wonders what his would be. Not Voldemort he was defeated when he was a child. Severus handles everything that comes at him so there is no problem there. 

Harry finally steps up to the boggart and it seems to look at him for a moment. Then the form shifts and turns into a man wearing ceremonial robes, a mask, and holding a bloody knife.