24

Mcgongal Severus and Madam Pomfry round the corner and Harry has his friends back off so not to be seen, though Severus glances in there direction.

"Some one has been taken into the chamber. I fear this means the close of Hogwarts." Mcgongal says sadly as Lockheart comes up to them.

"Sorry for the delay what did I miss?"

"Some one has been taken to the chamber." Severus explains shortly rolling his eyes.

Lockheart frowns. "Oh what a shame. If i was there i totally would have been able to save them. Ah we-"

Severus smirks. "Oh im sure you still can. You are a great wizard. Arnt you?"

"Oh. Of course! Just let me get ready yeah?" And lockheart runs off.

"Im going to make sure mr. Potter dosnt get into trouble." Severus tells Mcgongal and Pomfry before walking off.

Harry looks up at Severus. "Do you really think Lockheart is going to do anything to help?"

"No. That man is a fraud."

"Ron Draco you guys go ahead and check on Hermione tell her whats going on. I know shes paralized but I think shell like to know. Ill go see if lockheart does anything. Who knows it may ne funny."

"But we want to help." Ron whines. "I wasnt much help last time."

"You did great last year. But this is a basklisk not just a teacher whos possesed." Harry says. "Go on itll be fine."

Draco and ron glance at eachother before going to the Hospital wing.

Harry looks at Severus. "Do you know who it was?"

"Ginny Weasly."

Harry frowns. "Oh. Its a good thing I sent Ron away. Lets save her." Severus follows Harry down the hall. "I have a feeling I know were the chamber is. So some one died last time the chamber was opened right? A student? Well. Whos the youngest ghost we have here?"

"Moaning mertal." Severus says slowly nodding. "And shes in the bathroom. And pipes run through the castle."

Harry smiles. "Im glad you see my logic." He says as they walk into the abandoned bathroom. Harry starts to look around when he notices small snakes on the side of the faucets. He focuses on the symbol of the snake hissinh out. "open." And the sinks slide down to reveal a slide. Harry looks at Severus. "Go save Ginny. Ill wait here in case anyone comes."

Severus gives a slight bow befofe jumping down, and Harry sits beside the entrance waiting.

Severus walks through the dimly lit tunles his eyes red with slit cat like pupiles in order to see better the floor is littered with rat bones and he comes to door with three snakes on it. He shrugs and pushes the door open seeing a flooded room with snake statues along a wet wall way.

He slowly walks down sensing two souls one weaker than the other. "I was not expecting you." Says the stronger soul standing over Ginnys body. "Your the potions teacher she was telling me about. She says Harry Potter is quite close to you."

Severus kneels next to Ginny ignoring the new ghost. Shes alive but slowly fading just as he was able to feel. Now he just needs to destroy this horcrux. So he carefully takes out his wand and points jt to the diary. "Avarda Kedavra." And a green light shoots the the diary throughly destroying the soul, he looke around not seeing the giant snake. It must be asleep and awaiting orders. Well this was easy

He half hazardly picks Ginny up feeling the strength slowly come back to her, also grabbing the diary as well and pocketing it, and takes her back through the tunnles and the entrance.

Harry smiles standing up. "Lets get her to the hospital wing. Oh and how about we lock Lockheart down here."

"Of course my lord." Severus says as he follows

They get into the hospital wing and Ron jumps up seeing his sister. "Ginny!? Is she okay what happened!?" Ron asks as Severus lays her down.

"Miss Weasly is fine. It seems like the one that was opening the chamber was taking energy from her soul." Severus explains as Madam Pomfry comes over.

Ginny slolwy wakes up.

Severus slips out of the room as Harry explains to Mcgongal and Madam Pomfry about how him and Severus saw that Lockheart was not going to save Ginny so they found the entrance and Severus went in to save her.

Ginny looks at Harry and sarts to cry. "Im sorry Harry. I didnt know that was him. I. I couldnt control it."

"Its ok Ginny we are not mad at you. Just rest im sure its all ok." Harry says gently.

The next day Dumbdlore calls Harry and Severus up to his office. "Hello Severus. Mr. Potter. I just wamted to congratulate both of you for stopping Tom Riddle. Even if it was jusy his diary. And. Good news. We have the mandrakes ready for the potion to cure the paralized students. And Ginny weasly is not introuble."

"Thats good." Harry says and thinks for a moment. "So how did Riddle posses Ginny with the diary? Severus said his soul was in it." Harry asks wantinh to see what Dumbdlore will tell him.

Dumbldore looks ay him seriously. "It was very dark magic Harry. Its best not to dwell on it."

Harry nods. "Okay. Thank you sir." He says and walks out Severus right behind him having already given Dumbdlore the diary.

"I should go ahead and start on the potions for the studnents, the mandrake should already be taken care of by now." Severus says bowing slightly to Harry.

Harry nods and goes to find Draco and Ron.

Later at dinner Hermione runs up to Harry and Ron hugging them. "Im so glad you guys figured it out. Did you kill the baskilisk?" Hermione asks looking at Harry.

"No. Just the diary. The badkilsk hasnt  done anything tell that so. We should be ok." Harry explains.

"Ginny got a pretty good scolding from mother about talking to objects that shouldnt be able to talk." Ron says laughing a little.

"Is she okay? That must have been horrifying." Hermione asks concerned.

"Shes ok. Just feels bad."

Hermione nods. "Well im glad shes ok."

Harry grins. Maybe next year will be better. Hell he didnt even fight Riddle this time. He bad Severus do the work. So everything will be okay as long as he has Severus around.