6

McGonigal takes him down to the dungeons to Severus classroom. "Mr. Snape may i borrow Mr. Wood for a moment."

Severus looks at Harry. "In trouble already?" He says then lets Wood leave the classroom.

"Hush you." Harry snaps and follows McGonigal and the older student.

"Oliver Wood. This is Harry Potter. Your new seeker. Mr. Potter Oliver Wood is the Gryffindor quidditch captain."

Oliver looks at him. "But hes a first year." He says looking Harry up and down his eyes resting on his scar.

"He may be a first year but hes a natural. I saw him catch a small ball perfectly while flying." Mcgongal says sounding proud

Oliver nods slowly. "Ok. If he is able to be on the team Ill train him... maybe ill train him even if he isnt and get him ready for next year. If thats what Harry wants of course." Oliver says and they both look at Harry.

He looks at them both. "Um... yeah. Id like that."

"Great. Training starts saturday after breakfast. Glad to have you on the team Harry." Oliver says patting his shoulder.

"Great. Now back to class you two. Keep this a secret for now. I dont want any of the students to know."

Both Harry and Oliver promise to not tell anyone. And Harry goes to find Ron to tell him.

Ron and Draco are talking to Severus on their way to the great hall and Severus smirks at him. "So young master did you get suspended? Quite a shame i do enjoy this place."

"No i didnt get suspended." Harry snaps and looks at his friends. "I am actually on the quiditch team now. But, you guys cant tell anyone. I made a promise not to tell but i figured itd be ok if you knew."

"Thats unfair." Draco whines.

"Unfair?... maybe. But isnt that amazing, he gets to play quiditch." Ron says happy for Harry.

Draco nods. "Your right. i should be happy for Harry. Im glad you got onto the team.

The days go by without much incident and then Halloween comes, Harry stays quiet in most of his classes, the teachers don't pay him much mind knowing that he would be feeling depressed on this day, since his parents did die. Though only Severus knows of the horrible events that happened a few days after there deaths

Harry and Ron make their way to potions and take their normal seats and harry looks at the Slytherins hearing a few of them teasing Hermione about how she is being a know it all. Harry frowns a little wanting to stand up for her, but he really just does not have the fight in him today. He just lays his head down and listens to Severus talk about some weird potion's things that he didn't bother to listen to, he could just get Severus to go over everything again later. or ask Draco for help.

After classes Harry follows behind Draco and Ron listing to Ron complain about how annoying Hermione is, then he is shoved aside and the bushy haired girl shoves past the other two boys, wiping away a few tears. "I think she heard you." Harry tells them in a matter-of-fact tone.

"But its true." Ron mumbles.

Harry just shrugs and goes to the common room. They quietly go over there homework and Draco and Ron help him out with the things that he missed in class. Once they finish up they head to the great hall and Harry thinks about going to Severus chambers after dinner to talk to him and have some tea. 

A few minutes into dinner Queral runs in holding his turban up. "TROLLLL TROLL IN THE DUNGON!" he stops Infront of Dumbledore breathing heavily. "Just thought you ought to know." Then he promptly passes out. 

All the students start to freak out and Dumbledore stands up. "SILNCE" he yells gaining everyone's attention. "Prefects take the students to their common rooms! Go!" Then the prefects get everyone under control, and they go to follow but Harry stops and looks at Ron and Draco. 

"I havnt seen Hermione." He tells them. 

"I last saw her going into the girls bathroom." Draco tells him.

"We need to go warn her." Harry says and runs off into that direction since he cant tell Severus because he is with the other teachers. 

Ron and Draco follow Harry since they feel a little bad about teasing Hermione. Mostly Ron since he done it more than them. Harry freezes when he sees the troll walking into the bathroom. Then he hears a girl scream and the three of them run in seeing Hermione cornered and the troll preparing to swing. 

Harry throws a piece of broken brick at the troll but that doesn't even make the troll flinch. 

"I have an idea." Draco says quietly as Hermione ducks from the bat. "Help me levitate the bat and we will knock him out." 

Ron and Harry nod in agreement and take out their wands. "Remember swish and flick." Ron mumbles and they then say, "wingardium leviosa" And the bat snatches out of the trolls hand making the ugly thing freeze and look at his hand in confusion. they then drop the bat on the trolls head knocking him out. 

Hermion stays on the ground staring at the troll and Harry walks over to her helping her up. "Are you ok?" 

"Yeah. Thank you. that was a good idea Malfoy." She says looking at the blonde. 

Draco smiles. "Thank you."

Then Severus McGonagall and Quril walk in. "You four... what are you not doing in the common rooms." Mcgongal says as Severus first goes to Harry making sure he is alright then checking on the others. 

Harry goes to speak but Hermione does instead. "Its my fault Professor. I've read about trolls and. I. I thought i can do it on my own. They saved me." She says and looks down sadly. 

"Well not many people have fought a troll and lived to tell the tell. Are they hurt Severus?" McGonagall asks Severus surprised he just went ahead and checked. 

"They are fine luckily." 

She nods. "Back to your common rooms all of you. You're lucky I'm not deciding to dock points." She then turns and leaves 

"Ill see you guys tomorrow. Welp. I hope this is the only exciting thing to happen this year. Or I may not survive past fourth year." Draco says and heads down to the Slytherin common rooms. 

"Im going to go with Severus. Ill see you guys in a bit." Harry tells them and starts to follow Severus.