2

Harry and severus walk into Olivanders, a man looks around the corner and starts to hand harry wands slowly allowing the shop to become a mess. Until one finally works. "Interesting." The man mumbles.

"What?" Harry asks.

"That wand has a brother. The same phoenix that gave a father to this wand. Gave one to the wand that gave you that scar."

Harry looks at the wand slightly angry at first. But relaxes a little. It may have a brother wand. But that doesn't make this one evil. And this isn't the one who did it. Even so it's not the wand that makes the wizard. It's the wizard that makes the wand. "Thank you, sir." Harry tucks away the wand and they go to the pet store.

Harry goes over to the owls and sees a beautiful snowy owl who looks at him in interest. "This one will do." Harry says.

Severus gets the shop keeper to get the owl for Harry and then goes and grabs the supplies as Harry pays for everything. Severus then takes all the bags, and all Harry carries is the owl and wand.

"I'm surprised you didn't try to get a cat." Harry remarks.

"Well young master I am taking care if you I don't need a cat." Severus says glancing back looking at the kittens in the window. Such small beans. Severus thinks to himself.

Harry shrugs and they go back to the manor.

*

There is a flash of green light as Harrys mother screams and falls to the floor. Next thing Harry knows Hes in a cage a tall man looming over him. "Severus!" Harry cries.

*

"Young master." Severus says waking him up.

Harry slowly wakes up. "Hmm?"

Severus helps Harry sit up and wipes the tears away. "It's ok young master I'm here."

Harry lets out a shaky breath and nods. "What time is it?"

"Time to get up and get ready to bord the train." Severus says standing and getting Harry dressed. "I'm not taking the train with you since I'm teaching. Will you be, ok?"

"I'll be fine."

"Your trunk is packed and ready. Breakfast is in the dining room." Severus says standing after tying Harrys shoes.

"Thank you, Severus."

Severus grins. "It's my duty. I'll see you to the train then I'll be heading to Hogwarts."

Harry nods and slides his family ring on his finger as Severus puts the eyepatch on him. Harry eats and says bye to the house elf and Severus takes the trunk. Harry his owl. And they go to Kings Cross.

"You know how to get through and where correct?" Severus asks.

"Yes, I do."

"Very well. I'll see you at Hogwarts."

Harry goes to find the platform when he starts to hear some loud red head complaining about muggles whose surrounded by a gaggle of children. Well, I'm heading the right way. Harry follows her from a slight distance and watches as they one by one go through the wall and Harry follows behind. He then quickly finds an empty compartment and take a seat taking a deep breath glad no one made a scene about him being Harry Potter.

"Hey, can I sit here. Everywhere else is full." A red head asks quietly.

Harry looks at him and nods.

The red head smiles and takes a seat across from him. "I'm Ron Weasley. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Harry Potter."

"Oh. Well, it's nice to meet you, Harry. Is it true your Butler is going to be teaching potions? My brothers all complained about the old one Slughorn."

Harry nods. "What were they complaining about?"

"That he chose favorites and its not even about who's the best at potions just who he liked. And a few other things I wasn't allowed to hear."

Harry nods thinking he has a good idea on what not allowed to hear. If Hes right it's a good thing Severus took over. "Well Severus used to go to Hogwarts and was one of the best at potions."

"What is it like having a butler? Do you have any house elves as well?"

"I have one who cleans but Severus does most the work. The only reason I even have an elf is because he used to be my God Fathers."

Ron nods.

"There you are Harry." Draco says walking in and sitting beside Ron waving away two other boys who followed him. "Whose your new friend?"

"I'm Ron. Ron Weasley."

Draco gives him a look that says. Of course, you are. "I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy."

Bond James bond. Harry thinks to himself as Ron hides a slight laugh.

Draco goes to say something but luckily a woman with a candy trolly comes by. "Anything from the trolly dears.

Ron frowns a little as Draco takes a look.

"I can get you something." Harry offers.

"Na its fine." Ron says getting Draco's attention making him feel a little sorry for Ron. They are so poor he can't even get candy.

Harry rolls his eyes and hands her a bag. "We will take the lot."

Draco gives Harry a are you crazy look but Harry ignores him as the woman gives Harry the cart.

"You didn't need to do that." Ron says surprised.

Harry shrugs. "Dig in."

Ron meekly grabs a box of every flavored bean and Draco looks through.

"So, Draco what kind of animal did you get?" Harry asks.

"I got a Barn Owl. Your owl looks nice what's her name?"

"Headwig. What about you Ron?"

Ron grimaces and shows them a rat. "His names Scabbers. Hes been around for almost three years."

Harry nods remembering what was going on with him that long ago. Why does the rat look familiar? Who cares all rats are the same.