4

Slowly one by one the students go up. Then she calls out for Harry. The room becomes dead silent you'd probably be able to hear a pin drop.

He goes up to the stool and he sits down, the hat is dropped onto him, and it covers his eyes, and he feels it stiffen. "My my, a lot in here i see."

"Griffendor. I want Griffendor like my parents." Harry says quietly.

"Is that so? But you'd do so well in Slytherin."

"Thats the house he was in. I'm brave, courageous, determined."

"Also, cunning ambitious resourceful... Hmm... Very well. Might as well be Gryffindor!"

The hat is plucked off and all of the Gryffindor table is cheering and clapping as loud as possible. Harry finds a seat and waits for Ron to join him knowing hell be in the same house as the rest of his brothers.

Once the sorting is done Dumbledore stands at the phoenix podium. He welcomes them all back and goes over some basic rules like, don't track mud through the halls, don't antagonize the giant squid, don't go in the forbidden forest, and oh by the way don't go into the third-floor corridor or you'll die a painful death. Ok let's eat. Yep, everyone seems to think this all completely normal. Maybe I can have Severus check out what is on that corridor.

Harry eats thinking Lucius is right. This isn't as good as homemade food, but defiantly not something to turn your nose up at. He looks over at Severus and see that Hes eating as well. Hmm didn't know he could. He then flinches a little as Quirlls head turns away from him and he feels his scar sting. Wtf?

"Are you ok Harry?" Ron asks.

Harry nods. "Headache." Harry glances at Severus again who is talking to Quirll seeming a little annoyed.

Once everyone finishes eating the prefect leads them to the Gryffindor tower, pointing things out on the way such as the stairs moving, they then get to a picture of a woman that they call the fat woman... kind of rude.

"The password is Caput Draconis. The password will change every year. Don't forget what it is and don't just give it to anyone." The prefect says and leads them into the common room. "Boys to the left girls to the right. The dormitories are numbered with your year. Everything of yours should be in your trunk at the foot of your bed."

Harry Ron and the rest of his year goes to their room. Harry goes to his bed and sees that Hedwig has been let out of her cage. Shes probably in the owlery with the rest of the owls.

He frowns a little when he realizes that he is sharing a room with all these boys. Not only that but they are sharing a bathroom as well. How is he supposed to hide the scars and the mark on his eye they might see...?

"Are you ok Harry?" Ron asks quietly as the rest of the boys start to change.

"Yeah. Just..." Harry mumbles motioning to the rest of the guys.

Ron nods looking around thoughtfully. "Want me to hold a curtain up for you to change?"

Harry nods grabbing some night clothes. "It's weird not having Severus help."

Ron holds a curtain up for Harry making sure he can tell Harry is able to tell Hes not looking.

Harry quickly changes and tells Ron that he can put the curtain down as he finished buttoning his night shirt. He gets into bed and closes the curtains before taking off the eyepatch and setting it on the nightstand with his family ring.

Severus goes to his new chambers and looks at the rooms. Just having the basic couch, coffee table, bed, and dresser. Being a demon, he doesn't need much of anything. Not even sleep.

He leaves the chambers and goes up to the Gryffindor room to check on Harry. The portrait hardly pays him mind since Hes a teacher. Severus goes into the room seeing everyone, but a red head is asleep.

"Professor?" The red head says quietly.

Severus glances at him and Ron swears the little bit if light made his black eyes look red. "Hello Mr. Weasley. I just came to check on Harry."

"Hes asleep." Ron yawns ignoring the trick of the light.

Severus nods. "Ok. Goodnight Mr. Weasley." He says and leaves.

"Night." Ron mumbles and basically passed out.

Severus goes to wander the empty halls the darkness not bothering him since Hes able to see in the dark. As he passes a hall, he sees a bit of light out of the corner of his eye. And he goes to follow seeing Quirl heading toward the third floor.