11

Harry runs back to the Dorm putting his eyepatch on and shakes Ron awake. "Harry? You ok?" Ron mumbles wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Ron, i found a mirror come on." Harry says pulling his arm.

"Found. A mirror?"

"A magic one! I think it shows the dead come on."

Ron slowly gets up and they get under the cloak. Harry carefully leads the way to the mirror, he takes the cloak off them and they stand infront of it. Harry sees himself, both eyes the same green, no contract, and both his parents. Alive.

Rons eyes widen. "I dont see anyone dead, i see. Well me. Older, i wont the house cup. And im Prefect!"

Harry frowns a little. "I guess it dosnt show the dead... maybe. What we want."

Ron looks at Harry and pulls him into a hug. "Im sorry Harry. The mirror is cool though."

Harry flinches at the close contact but allows it. "Lets go back."

Harry really tried to get the mirror off his mind, but he enjoyed being able to see his parnts. Smiling at him. Proud. Somtimes the mirror showed him with the eyepatch and or contract mark. Other times without.

"Whats on your mind my lord? Somthings been weighing you down i can tell." Severus asks one day as Harry is doing homework in his office and Severus grading.

"I snuck around the castle a couple nights ago. Found a mirror. It showes what you want and. I saw mom and dad." Harry explains quietly.

Severus stares at Harry blankly unsure what to say to his young master.

Harry looks at him pushing away his saddness and gives him a joking smile. "Itd probably show you you taking my soul."

Severus grins. "Probably." Maybe hell be ok.

"Anything about Quirll or whats on the third floor corridor?" Harry asks turning back to his homework trying to distract himself.

"Dumbdlore hasnt said anything, and Quirll hasnt made any moves... I have an idea on what he is. But I dont really have a way to check." Severus explains.

Harry nods humming. "What do you think he is?"

"A reaper."

Harry looks at him confused. "Like. The Grim Reaper?"

"Sort of. There is more than one reaper. I dont know why one would be here doing what ever it is hes doing."

Harry sighs.

Months go by normally, Harry forgets about the mirror, they focus on classes, Harrys not to worried about the stone since Severus is watching Quirll and helping Dumbledore protect it, and Severus dosnt get any more information about the stone besides thay all protections are in place... hasnt even been told why its hidden there. In a castle. With children... There is a fucking Hell Hound! Near children!

Harry gets a letter from Hagrid inviting him and his friends to come see somthing amazing.

So Harry Ron Hermione Draco and of course Severus head down to Hagrids hut.

Hagrid makes them tea, witch they drink politely. Harry thinks the tea Severus made when he first started working for him was much better than this though. And what Severus made then was disgusting.

"So what are you going to show us Hagrid?" Harry asks.

Hagrid smiles and brings out an egg that is covered in cracks.

"A dragon?" Hermione and Severus say at the same time as the egg shakes a little and a small mouth comes out.

Hagrid nods tears brimming in his eyes. "Ive always wanted one. I won it in a poker match. Been waiting for her to hatch."

"But dragons are illigal, it was outlawed in 1709." Ron says like hes heard it said thousands of times.

"Mainly do to damages dragons cause." Draco adds

"Besides you live in a small hut." Hermione says.

"Made of wood." Harry adds.

The baby dragon pops up out of the shell and looks at Hagrid.

Hagrid not listeing to any of this looks like hes about to cry as the baby dragon falls out of the rest of the shell and looks at him. "Aww he knows who his mommy is." Hagrid coos as he gives it chin scratches.

The dragon sneezes sending sparks into Hagrids beard. He pats them out chuckling.

"Thats a Norwegian ridgback." Ron says in awe.

"Arnt they poisonous?" Draco asks.

"Venomous." Harry and Severus correct.

"Poisonous is when you eat it and you die." Harry adds.

"Venomous is if it bites you and you die." Hermione also adds.

Ron nods slowly. "My point still stands."

"Oh he aint all that Venomous hes only a baby." Hagrid says softly. "he wont kill me with it."

"Yet." Severus mumbles.

Harry frowns. "Hagrid. Was there anything else you told the person who gave you the dragon?"

"Oh only how to make fluffy fall asleep."

"Fluffy?" The three children asks.

"Yeah the dog gaurding the stone."

"You named that thing fluffy?" Severus asks suprised of the nerve of this man. Having a dragon and aparently a hell hound.

Hagrid frowns. "I shouldnt of said that."

"You havnt told me there was a dog." Harry says looking at Severus.

"Well for one its a hell hound not a dog. And for two. You never asked."

"You named a Hell hound fluffy?" Hermione says as confused as Severus.

"What has you all so interested in it?" Hagrid asks.

Harry looks at them. "Well. We think Quirll is after the stone."

"Why would he be? Hes a decent person i wouldnt think hed want it."

Harry and his friends decide to go. They say bye to Hagrid and leave.

"So. Whats going on?" Ron asks.

"You havnt said anything to us about. Anything you giys we're talking about." Draco asks.

"Severus has been handling it. But essently the philosphers stone is hidden on the third floor corridor. Dont know why. But we think Quirll wants it." Harry explains.

"The phillosphers stone? Donsnt that make the elixer of life?" Hermione asks.

Harry nods.

"And a Hell hound is gaurding it?" Draco asks.

"Among other things that other teachers have set up." Harry says.

They stay silent on the rest of the way to the castle.