3

Ron smiles a little thinking maybe he can show off somthing. "My brothers showed me a spell to change him yellow."

"Cool show us." Draco says as the door slides open to a busy haird girl and a timid looking boy.

"Have you seen a toad?" The girl asks.

"No." The three of them say.

The boy frowns and walks away as the girl sees that Ron has his wand out. "Are you going to do magic? Can I see?"

Ron clears his throat. "Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." There is a slight spark, but nothing happened.

"Well, that wasn't very good now was it." The girls says in a snobbish tone.

Ron looks down frowning a little bit. of course, the twins were lying.

"And what? You know spells? You're in the same year as us." Harry snaps at her.

The girl huffs and leaves.

Harry looks at Ron. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbles and takes up another piece of candy to eat.

Harry picks up a chocolate frog and opens it grabbing the frog then looking at the card. "Ugh another Dumbledore."

"It looks like we should change into our school robes." Draco says standing. "I'm going to head back to the other compartment I was in then. It was nice meeting you Ron. Good seeing you again Harry."

Harry frowns a little. He doesn't want Ron to see all the scars. Especially not the mark on his back.

"Are you ok?" Ron asks as he stands and grabs his school robes.

"Just not used to anyone but Severus seeing me undressed." Harry mumbles as he does the same.

"Well, we can have our backs to each other and close the blinds." Ron suggests.

Harry nods and they do that once they are done, they face each other and Harry struggles to tie the necktie.

"Here." Ron says and helps him really quick.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Father taught us how so wed know how when we got to Hogwarts."

"I haven't had reason to know how, and Severus normally helps tigh things for me."

"What are you going to do now that your here?"

"Well, Hes more than my Butler. Hes also my protector and he help with the... issues. I have."

Ron nods slowly. "Ok. So, what house do you think you'll get?"

"Gryffindor. Thats what my parents were." Harry tells him as he looks out the window and sees the castle. "It's beautiful."

Ron looks. "It is." He looks at Harry and smiles seeing how happy his new friend looks. "Hopefully we will be in Gryffindor together." He says and lightly hits his shoulder against his. He then frowns a little noticing how small and frail Harry seems compared to him. And Hes been through so much. Hes more than my friend. Hes my new brother. And ill protect him as a brother should.

^-^

The two boys get off the train and Draco joins them. They are led over to some boats by a big man, who Harry recognizes from that night. It's not his fault. He didn't know what would happen. What's his name? Hagrid?

Harry, Ron, Draco and that bushy hair girl get into a boat. The blond and red head rolling their eyes. Before the boats start going Harry is sure he sees some threstles pulling a few carriages. He shakes his head knowing the other students shouldn't be able to see them.

"You ok Harry?" Draco asks.

"Just thought I saw something."

"What'd it look like?" Ron asks.

Harry shrugs. "Threstles."

"Threstles?"

"What's a threstle?" The bushy haired girl asks.

"It's an invisible black skeleton like Pegasus." Harry tells her.

Ron and Draco frown a little. They have heard about threstles and know what it takes to see them.

"That sounds scary." Hermione says glancing at the carriages as the boats start to move.

"It's not that scary." Harry says shrugging. "Just surprised they are here." Harry looks at the castle as it gets closer and smiles a little. This'll be a lot nicer than staying in a big empty manor with just him and Severus.

Once they reach the castle they get out if their boats and go to wait by the great hall were a stern looking woman with square glasses is standing by the great hall doors.

"Welcome students to your first year of Hogwarts. I am Minerva Mcgongal. Head of Gryffindor, and your transfiguration teacher. In just a moment you'll each be sorted into a house. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. At the end of the year the house cup will be given to one of the houses. Each house is given points for excellent behavior. And taken away for rule breaking. Now. Without further ado. Let's begin." Professor Mcgongal turns and leads them into the Great Hall. All the students look in awe at the ceiling that looks like the starry sky outside and the floating candles. There are four long tables with the house flag floating above them. And across from the doors is the teacher table. Seating in the middle is Albus Dumbledore, who looks just the same as he did that day, he took him to his aunt and Uncle. Again, Harry doesn't blame him. He didn't know.

Then Harry sees Severus, whose dressed in a black cloak with a black button up and a single black glove on his right hand to hide the demon mark, and next to him is some guy in a turban.

Harry grins a little. Then looks at Professor Mcgongal who places an old hat on a stool.

A seam opens on the hat, and it begins to sing. "Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryfindor
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytheren, You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!" The hat ends and everyone claps.

Mcgongal then steps up and begins the sorting.