9

Severus walks in and Dumbledore motions for him to take a seat. "How are you liking teaching my boy?"

"Its fine."

Dumbledore nods. "Well. That was a good job saving Harry from falling, how did you do it?"

Severus just shrugs.

"I remember. Back when you started to be a student here. How you were so close to Lily Evens. How you were quiet poor at magic but great at potions. How you also seemed very, strange. Severus, I can tell you're not a wizard."

"Oh? Then what am I?" Severus asks glaring at the old man.

"You tell me."

Severus sighs. "Ok. I'm a demon." No point in lying to one of the most powerful wizards in Britan. "Lilys mother made a deal with me to protect her while she was going to school, guess she heard some things about a wizard war about to happen while they were at digon ally. Then, Harry made a deal with me."

"Why did he?"

"Thats none of your business. I am here to protect and care for Harry, that's all that matters."

Dumbledore nods. "You'll do anything to protect him?"

"Well. Yes, that's in the contract."

"Then help hide the philosophers stone. On the third floor corridor is a series of test, most of the teachers have made ways to protect the stone. I'm still working on mine. Its almost ready I believe. So, make a test to help me hide it."

Severus stares at him a moment. Thinking the man is insane. "Ok?"

"Good. You may go now."

"O. K?" Severus says and leaves, wondering what just fucking happened. Should probably tell Harry, pretty sure he was curious about what was up there. He goes back to the Gryffindor common room and sees everyone is slowly dispersing to bed. Severus goes over to Harry dorm and sees hes still talking to Hermione and Ron. 

"Harry may I talk to you alone?" Severus asks.

Harry gets up and follows him. "What is it?"

"Dumbledore said that he has the philosophers stone. And that the third floor corridor has tests that the teacher made to protect it. he wants me to help him." 

"Interesting. Who is he hiding it from though?" Harry asks.

"He didn't say, kind of a stupid place to hide such a thing though if you ask me... maybe Quirl?" 

Harry frowns. "Why would he want the stone?"

Severus thinks for a moment. "Hes not human, I cant tell what he is right now, but there is... something... attached to him? Its practically feeding off of whatever life force or magic he has." Severus wonders if he should tell Harry of the similarity it has with what's attached to Harrys soul, though its certainly not as strong as what's feeding off of Quirl and not draining Harrys life.

"Did you tell Drumbore about Quirl?"

"No. I told Mcgonigal though while we were looking over your broom."

Harry nods. "Okay. Well Im going to go to sleep. Good night Severus."

"Good night young master. Ill let you know if anything else happens."

Severus turns and starts to make his way down to the Dungeons when he sees Quirl heading toward the third floor. He follows all the way to the door and says, "Trying again? I think the poor dog has had enough."

Quirl jumps letting out a small squeak.

"Ss-sseverus, m-my good-goodness you. n-ner-nearly gave. gave me a he-he-heartattack." Quirl stutters out.

"Yes, you certainly sound like I did. So. What are you doing?" Severus asks glaring at the smaller man.

"Just. Just che-checking on. on th-the dogs..."

"Go back to your dorm you idiot." Severus says moving to place himself between Quirl and the door.

Suddenly the mans demeanor changed. "Don't test me demon."

"How did you-"

"Im not stupid and im not going to do anything rash now, but stay out of my way, id rather not take drastic measures and get us both revealed, that certainly wont look good for me." 

Severus watches the man walk away. Wondering what on earth that was about, those eyes of his though... could he be? but why would a being of that kind do such a thing?