Chapter 39: Operation: Bumblebee: Part 2: To Feel Whole Again

Start from the beginning

"You make a compelling case." Optimus confessed. "But know that we will find Bumblebee's T-Cog."

"Optimus, MECH are savages!" Ratchet said. "Who knows what damage they may have already inflicted upon it, or... or if I will be able to repair it...!"

Optimus could only give the medic a somber look, knowing what was going on in his mind.

"Ratchet... you did everything in your power." He said, knowing that this wasn't just about Bumblebee's T-Cog.

Ratchet could only stare at him in surprise, then he scoffed.

"Puh-lease!" The CMO said. "Do you really think this is simply about the inability to restore Bumblebee's voicebox?!"

Optimus said nothing, only giving him a knowing look.

"I... I just want to do what's right..." Ratchet said sadly. "For our scout. For the team."

Reluctantly, Optimus agreed, and it was decided to have the surgery done the next day. Michael and Bumblebee, as Bulkhead promised to take Raf home when it was time, then headed to their room, for the scout had taken quite the tumble when he crashed during his pursuit, and needed proper rest.

When they got there, Michael had told him of Ratchet's plan, and while Bumblebee was against it at first, he soon agreed. The two then laid on their berth, and the scout couldn't help but smile from behind his mask.

Soon, the two fell into recharge smiling.

-----

The next day, Michael and MECH, using their scanners, were looking for Energon.

"Source located." A soldier said, once the scanners beeped, and he and a few other men ran over to find it, while Michael, Silas, and a few others stayed back.

"It's actually surprising at what we can achieve together." Michael spoke up. "I used to be a human ally for the Decepticons back in my original world before the Autobots took me in, and while I would never want to go back to that life after what they put me through, it did prove to help me expand my knowledge of Cybertronian technology, biology, and overall life of their kind."

"Do you ever not speak?" Silas asked rudely, and walked away.

Michael just scowled.

'And this is why I like working alone.' He thought in annoyance, and followed on.

Soon, they came across a deposit, which had plenty of untouched Energon.

"Energon in its purest form." Michael smirked.

"Ready to be mined." Silas said with his own smirk.

"And processed." Michael added. "To give us the very edge we need to take out both Autobots and Decepticons alike, and to allow you to achieve your own personal goals."

At the base, the transplant procedure was being set up, with Ratchet deciding on who should perform it as he wouldn't be able to.

"Obviously, since I am the other patient involved, I will be unable to perform the surgery." The CMO explained. "Therefore, one of you must serve as my proxy."

He then walked past each bot, assessing who would be the best choice.

Starscream was immediately skipped over, for the CMO didn't trust the seeker with something like this, for it would easily provide him with the opportunity to cause damage, and his talons were far too sharp and could cause unintentional damage during the procedure, much to the seeker's anger at the accusation, and he stormed off to go for a flight.