Chapter 35: Orion Pax: Part 2: Unfamiliar Familiarity

Start from the beginning

Raf was silent, then remembered something he had done in school sometime before.

"You know, there's this thing in gym class where you have to climb a rope all the way to the ceiling." Raf explained. "It's really hard, and I've never been able to do it. But when I told 'Bee about it, he believed in me, which made me practice a ton. Finally, just a couple of weeks ago, I made it to the top!"

"What does any of this have to do with gym class?!" Ratchet asked in anger.

"I-I was just..." Raf started, but the medic turned away, ignoring him. "I'll give you some alone time." He said sadly, and walked off.

Jessica watched, and looked at Ratchet.

"He's only trying to help, you know."

Ratchet looked up at her, and sighed.

"I know, but it's not easy when we have so many things to worry about at once."

"I get that." Jessica replied. "But Optimus wouldn't want you to give up, would he?"

Ratchet stared, and wanted to reply, but found that he couldn't and looked away.

Jessica's expression turned to one of pity, and she left for her room, leaving the red and white mech alone.

"Optimus... I am so sorry..."

A few hours later, the Groundbridge had been reverted to its original calibrations, and Bulkhead returned to the base, having found nothing in the quadrant he was sent to. Michael had woken up from recharge and was in the Command Center, waiting for his turn to be sent out to a quadrant, as he couldn't stay up for as long as the Autobots could, and needed sleep.

"No sign of Energon spikes." Bulkhead said as walked up to Ratchet. "Arcee, 'Bee, or Cliffjumper find the Spacebridge?"

"They haven't yet reported back..." The medic replied gloomily.

"Ratchet... you alright?" Bulkhead asked, concerned.

"Hm? Yes. Yes, let's just get you to the next quadrant." Ratchet replied.

"Actually, I know where the Spacebridge is." Michael spoke up.

"What?!" Ratchet asked in shock.

"You know where it is?!" Bulkhead asked.

"Where? Yes. Coordinates? No." Michael replied. "But I think I know someone who does."

Starscream was in his room sitting on his berth when, to his surprise, the door opened and Ratchet, Bulkhead, and Michael entered the room.

"What do you three want?" Starscream asked, somewhat annoyed at the number of bots in his room. "Come to start the interrogations again?"

"We have been informed that you know of something that we are seeking to find." Ratchet said.

Ever since the Synth-En incident, the interrogations with the seeker had gotten fewer and farther between each one, and had completely stopped by the time everything with Unicron rolled around, so the seeker was surprised to find the three were now in his room wanting something from him.

"Oh?" Starscream asked. "And what would that be?"

"The coordinates to where Megatron's hiding his Spacebridge." Bulkhead answered.

Starscream's annoyance turned to shock upon hearing this.

"Spacebridge..." He asked, surprised. "Do you mean to tell me that they actually finished building it without my supervision?!" The seeker snapped in anger.

The three Autobots looked at each other, and Starscream, realizing who he was talking to, subsided, then chuckled nervously.

"You know of its construction." Bulkhead said with mistrust. "Where is it located?"