Chapter 32

May 9th (~4 months later)

Amy PoV.

I was running towards Lily while locking eyes with her. She got the hint and quickly let the ball slip down behind her. In that second I reached her and took the ball, starting to dribble towards the hoop. I jumped up shortly before it and dunked the ball into it.

"Great play girls! Go have a rest for now!" Our coach yelled over the field and Lily came towards me to hit my shoulder lightly. "You're getting better" She complimented before pulling me to the rest of our team.

"You sure you don't want to follow a serious basketball career?" Emma, another teammate, asked while handing me my water bottle. "I'm sure guys. Even if you ask me a hundred more times. My passion is dancing and I will get back to it."

"That means I can't put you in the lineup for the upcoming season?" Our coach asked a little disappointed. "I'm sorry coach but you'll have to win without me"

"Are you planning on going back to Korea anytime soon?" Asked Lily on our way back home. "I would love to but I have no idea how. I'm not even in contact with any of the members actively." My head hung low in sadness because my words were true.

At the beginning I was texting with all of them but one day Chan said JYP was checking their phones to make sure we didn't have contact anymore. I didn't want to risk anything for me or them so I deleted our chats and the contacts.

The only way for them to reach me now was through Somi which only Minsung had done once.
Seungmin did also call me over a public phone in the third week of my absence.
But now they were getting busy preparing for their next comeback so none of them had time to sneak out.

My last contact with one of them was when Chan called me a month ago to ask how I was doing over Kayla's phone who he had coincidentally met at the mall.
It was a reassuring call since he told me that he was looking after Seungmin for me.

"Try not to think to much about it. It's only making you sad and not helping in coming up with a plan" Lily strictly told me, "We are having the barbecue tonight where like all of your friend and their families will be there. It is gonna take your mind off of things. Believe me"
She patted my back one last time before we needed to part ways.

"Are you ready up there?" Devon was knocking repeatedly against my door. "You're annoying!" I called out but still ripped the door open. "Everyone else already left but I had to promise mom to wait for you. What were you even doing there? You never take this long to get ready"

"I was on a videocall with Somi and Kayla" I walked down the stairs, followed closely by my youngest brother. "Oh right. How far are you with the planning?"

"The planning is done. Now the action will start."

"Amy! Over here!" I heard my mom call and said goodbye to Emma who I was talking to until now.

"Here sweetie, I already prepared a plate for you" She handed me a plate full of grilled things, potatoes, vegetables and all kind of sauces.

"I'm not hungry mom. Thank you though"
Still, a plate was shoved into my hands.
I looked at my mom who had her hands on her hips. "Nonsense child. You've been skipping meals. That's not healthy, I'm just trying to look out for you!" I noticed that she was getting a little frustrated so I took one grilled cheese and put it into my mouth.

"Your mom is right Amy. We both know that it is hard for you at the moment and we would do anything to help you if you would tell us how or what. We are your parents so it's in our nature to worry about you" My father was now standing beside my mother, having one arm around her.