Chapter 30

January 12th (2021)

Amy PoV.

Stray Kids had a performing video shoot today but I somehow felt that they weren't enough prepared. Something was lacking but I couldn't figure out what it was and now it was too late either way. "You look so serious. Are you okay, love?" Seungmin asked in a whisper.

I smiled shortly at him before looking around if anyone was watching us. "Go there and do your best. Like you always do. Good luck!" I pressed a quick peck to his lips before shushing him away.

When I heard the music setting in, I went to the staff's room to get something to drink. My head was feeling a little dizzy so I had to sit down for a moment.
I definitely hadn't gotten enough sleep the last days with college being a pain in the ass. Luckily I was graduating this year.

Suddenly the door flung open and an angry manager stood in front of me. "Shouldn't you be out, doing your job? There is a problem with the coreo. They needed to dance around the stage equipment but you haven't thought of that so now no one knows what to do!" He poked my forehead with his finger repeatedly, intesifiying my headache.

Hey, at least I now knew what was missing the whole time, right? I dragged myself towards the set. "Here is our so-great choreographer, wo can't even make a choreo that works on this set!"
The manager yelled right next to me, causing me to flinch.

"Well, we don't need to change the choreo, just the formation. If we do that right now we could continue shooting in like 20 minutes?" Seungmin suggested and I was thankful that he tried to help me somehow but I knew it was useless.

"You all" the manager pointed at the Stray Kids members, "an you, Miss Park, are coming with me. Now!"

He closed the door after we entered the staff room and turned around to face us.
"Miss Park, you have one job here! And you failed to complete it!" He yelled right in my face, making me flinch again.

I felt my heart starting to beat faster and my hand starting to shake. Please, not now. I tried to control my breathing without making it too obvious. The manager was still shouting at me but his words didn't get through to me.

"Will you listen to me, you little..!" He grabbed my arm and shook my back into reality. I noticed that my cheeks had dampened from the tears that were running down.

"Stop it!" I heard Seungmin yell but it still felt distant. I registered how he stood protectively in front of me.
The manager huffed and ruffled his hair frustrated, "go out of my way, Seungmin! She made a mistake so she has to take the consequences for it!"

Seungmin did take a step back but it went unnoticed by the manager. Like this he searched for my hand behind his back and held it tightly. It did help me calm down a little but the ongoing ranting from the manager kept me on edge of a break down.

"Oh my god, move Seungmin!" Before Seungmin had even time to react, he was pushed to the side. His hand let go of my hand and the string keeping me from breaking down was now gone too.

The manager grabbed my collar and started yelling something- although I couldn't comprehend what it was. My whole body started shaking and I felt my breath you rigid.

I was hyperventilating.

I always hated it when people yelled at me and my anxiety wasn't helping in those situations. The last blow for me was when the manager pushed my away in frustration and I stumbled backwards against the wall. My legs couldn't hold me anymore and I slid down to the ground.

Immediately someone crouched down in front of me and started wiping away my tears and whispered comforting words.
I realised it was Seungmin when he took my hand and placed it over his heart, "Follow my breathing, Amy. It'll be okay."