Chapter 4

Amy PoV.

Minho was right. Chan did invite me to dinner tonight. I feel kinda bad because of mine and Minho's plan but at the same time I'm really looking forward to their reactions.

Right now I was sitting on my bed staring into my opened closet, contemplating about what to wear. In that moment my phone rung. "What's up?"

"Are we going to go through with the plan?" Minhos asked over the phone. "You make it sound like we are up to some impossible mission."

"Let me live in my action movie!"

I chuckled but reassured him that we were going to pull our little prank. After I hung up my doorbell rung. "I never get to decide what to wear in peace!"

I opened the door only to find Somi, my best friend, standing in front of my door. She pushed past me without saying a word and went straight towards my room. I only followed her as this behaviour was nothing new. I saw her laying spread out on my bed, a pillow pressed on her face.

"What happened?" I asked gently while I sat down next to her. I just heard a muffled answer so I loosened her grip on the pillow and put it away.
"She's an asshole!"

"Relatable but who exactly?" She turned around and placed her head in my lap. "This girl at college."

"Oh, you mean the 'girl with the blonde hair who looks like a greek goddess'?" Somi just groaned and I knew I was right. "What did she do?"

"She led me on, that asshole! She has been extremely flirty with me for weeks now and she even asked me out on several dates. She told me she really liked me but was a bit confused about her feelings because he just came out of a hetero relationship. But today I saw her making out with some random dude. And when she noticed me the only thing she said was 'you are a pathetic girl, shouldn't have gotten your hopes up'. Why do I always end up with the player type? Maybe I should turn ace, I am done with all those players!"

I didn't say anything and just pulled her up so I could hug her properly. Somi really had a history with players - both male and female- and every time she would get her heart broken she said she'll turn ace. She was dramatic but when she was hurt or mad it turned into a whole new level of drama.

"Why are there clothes all over your bed?" she asked against my neck. "Chan invited me for dinner, I don't know what to wear." "Ouhh...a date with your childhood chrush Bang Chan!"

"I did not have a crush on Chan! And it isn't a date, all the members are there."

"Fine but you for sure had a crush on Chan. I remember you clearly rambling about him." I just rolled my eyes at her. "It wasn't a real crush! I was 12 and he was older and in my opinion handsome. He was the first one to come to me and he helped me wth my Korean and everything. Yes I admired him and still do but I wouldn't call it a crush. He isn't really my type."

"What is your type then?"
"Not a bad boy"
"You didn't have to put salt in the wound. Either way I'll be your stylist for tonight. You need to wear somethinh appropriate to see you non-crush Chan or whoever else there is." She winked at me making me start to laugh. "Fine. Show me your styling skills."

"I'm truly impressed. A black ripped jeans and a green shirt. Amazing! The skills!"

"I hope you know that I hate you!"

I started laughing while Somi was still pouting. "I like it but it's nothing special. But so am I so it's perfect"

Somi just huffed and I started dressing while she did something on her phone.
"With whom exactly did you plan that prank?"

"Minho or better known as Lee Know"
"He is hot."
"Aren't they all?"

I sat down next to her looking at her phone where she was scrolling through Stray Kids profiles.
"I feel like being attractive is a requirement to become an idol" she said looking at the pictures.

"That's why you and me don't stand a chance at becoming one."
"Don't think so low of yourself, you... WAIT WHAT?? You just insulted ME? And here I am about to defend you. Pfft"

"Opsie?"
She just rolled her eyes and turned my head so that she was now sitting behind be and me facing forward.

"What are you doing? Please don't do anything to my hair, I actually like it how it is."
"Who do you think I am? I would never do anything to that godly hair of yours.
I envy you Amy, my hair is just plain black like everyone elses."

"Maybe in Korea being naturally blond is rare but in Australia it's normal. Anyway, I need to get going. Should I drop you off somewhere?"

"At home please, if it's on your way."

We went outside to get my motorcycle and a second helmet for Somi before we took off.
Her apartment block was actually right on the way to the dorm and having Somi sitting behind me kinda stopped me from overthinking.

As soon as I dropped her off and we said our goodbyes though, the overthinking started.

I have social anxiety and while I was able to control myself from having a panic attack earlier I couldn't say the same thing about now.

Luckily I already arrived before it became worse but the thoughts wouldn't stop. Are they going to like me? How should I act around them in private like that? Am I even allowed to interact privately with them? Am I trusting them too fast?

I know that I already knew Chan but the last time we saw each other was years ago and back then I kinda left unannounced. I still feel bad about that but I also think Chan isn't someone to hold a grudge this long.

While my breathing became more regular, I was already standing in front of the door ready to ring the bell.

I took one last breath and rung.

______
~kind of a filler chapter

~until next chapter
~~June