Bonus! (500K Special)

I know the book came to an end but to celebrate the 500k reads, I thought of writing a bonus chapter featuring Y/n, Ayato and Yuu along with Yuu's crazy uncles.

--

Yuu was seen running around playing with his Temari which was gifted to him by Ayaka on his last birthday. It was around spring time now, which meant his eighth birthday was soon approaching.

I sat at the wooden edge of the courtyard as I looked at a bunch of paper work while Yuu played. Well that's what at least I wanted to do but the fact it was already Yuu's eighth birthday brought me to tears as my little boy already grew up this much.

One thing I did notice was how he grew up more like Ayato than me. With each year he kept taking up more inherits from Ayato. From the mischief he does to the sly grin that he makes after committing one, everything was so similar.

Now, Now there were merits and demerits to it. Which should be obvious by now...

Merits were that he would eventually grow up realizing his responsibilities due to his sharp skills in understanding a situation. He'd know what to do and what not to do.

Demerits.....is that he'd do something notorious and would 100% pretend like he did nothing. A typical thing that Ayato does all the time.

"Mother!! What are you thinking so much about?" Yuu interrupted my train of thoughts with a wide grin. 

"Oh, so keen on knowing what I was thinking about?" I flicked his forehead slightly as he giggled and nodded. "I don't think it's necessary for the soon to be eight year old, Kamisato Yuu to know what I was thinking." 

"Isn't it about the gift? Father told me that you both were preparing something BIG!!" Yuu hyped up over the excitement. 

It took me more than ten minutes to realize what Yuu was talking about and my face turned red (this is a phrase) out of embarrassed as I hid my face in my hands, leaving Yuu more confused. 

A few days ago: 

It was already midnight. Almost everyone were in their beds fast asleep under the moonlit night while the office of the Yashiro's Commissioner's wife, was lit with light. Stacks of papers were there, scattered as Y/n sighed and kept reading through reports sent by the Shuumatsuban. Though no more the active assassin and member she was, she still made sure things ran smoothly within the unit.

Not a single day was boring to her as amusing things were guaranteed to happen everyday but for the first time in her life, she wasn't focused or amused by the latest happenings. Her mind was too distracted with an upcoming event in a matter of few weeks.

Yuu's eighth birthday.

Well what worried her so much? It was simple. She didn't know what to prepare for Yuu. Ayato and she had constantly spoiled Yuu with toys and things whatever a seven year old  wanted. He was too young for receiving a sword and too old for gifting toys. Y/n stared at the photo frame on her desk as she rested her face on her palm, sighing.

It was the last year's spring photos that were clicked when the flowers were in full bloom. Ayato and Y/n stood side by side with Yuu in Ayato's arms, holding lots of flowers that bloomed around that time. Sakura petals were seen in the air when the picture was clicked.

Y/n slightly smiled at the small memory, till a certain someone entered the room. 

"Oh, how unexpected of you to be awake at this time of the hour." Ayato said as he stood at the doorway. He was already in his sleep attire and from the look on his face one thing was certain.

"I can already smell the amount of alcohol you had consumed today from here and is it already this late that you've arrived back too?" Y/n replied back as she got up from her seat and crossed her hands, staring at Ayato. The man chuckled and took a seat.