67. The Essence of Duty.

A/N: Y/n carries her own pen around to avoid leaving any traces such as fingerprints on random pens due to her profession being linked with the Yashiro Commission

A/N: Y/n carries her own pen around to avoid leaving any traces such as fingerprints on random pens due to her profession being linked with the Yashiro Commission. Though she is no longer a part of it, she still carries it around like a hobby.

At the Kamisato Estate:

"M'lord it appears that somebody punched one of the portraits we had commissioned to be painted." Thoma said to Ayato who was zoning out at a bunch of papers.

"Which one of the paintings?" Ayato asked calmly.

"The fifth Kasen painting."

Ayato shot Thoma a glare in disbelief.

His inner mind told, "That was the most expensive commission. The paint used was so pricey."

"I see...the blank one I suppose.....Maybe it's fine." Ayato convinced himself and put a smile on.

"M'lord also-....we found this pen." Thoma took out a pen neatly wrapped in a cloth.

"Y/n's pen?" He questioned.

"At the fifth portrait." Thoma replied.

"Destroy all the possible evidences. I wouldn't want Tenryou Commission to fiddle and play around Y/n as their pawn." Ayato with a tone of seriousness.

"On it M'lord."

"Looks like Y/n must've got triggered by seeing the Balladeer's painting. Surely must've happened due to the rain yesterday." Ayato thought as he finally took his pen to start signing documents.

The day in the life of the Yashiro Commissioner wasn't like any normal commoner's life. Starting the day before the rays of the sun hit the sky and working late night till the moon shone well and the place remained tranquil with only the sounds of crickets chipping through the night.

In the end of the day, he too was a human who required the basic nourishment of  resting the body.

Working late nights and tending to skip his daily resting hours was quite normal for him. There are times where he doesn't return back home from his duty.

As Ayato laid down on the bed trying to sleep, his mind only wandered off thinking about Y/n. Though he never  spoke to Y/n in his younger years before becoming the Yashiro Commissioner, he knew her. 

Past: 8 years ago.

The young heir of the Kamisato clan was training along with his outlander friend, Thoma who also was the housekeeper of the Kamisato Estate.

Swinging his blade back and forth with precise foot work, he brought down Thoma's polearm leaving him weaponless. Thoma raised his hand in defeat.

"Looks like I've won yet again, Thoma."