74. The Lab.

"Miko, I have a question

"Miko, I have a question." Ei asks as she gazes upon the city of Inazuma from her residence at Tenshukaku. Her friend, Miko was seated, passing her time by reading a light novel.

For days and hours, Ei has been troubled by a matter.

"Hmm~ What must the almighty shogun or the electro archon have in her mind today that she even asks it to a mere kitsune such as I?" Miko mocked.

"Has Y/n, ever felt anything out of the odd. A mental sort of pressure. I ask this as I was reminded about Kunikuzushi's capability to torment a mortal's mental state. I was rather surprised to see her smile that day."

"Hmm now that you mention it, I did hear about her having a slight bleeding. Though it's not a matter to worry as I believe the divine priestess or the princess of the Watatsumi Island is curing her at the moment." Miko told as she flipped a page.

Ei turned around with a horrified look.

"Miko, It cannot be cured by any mortal means." She spoke in a low tone as her eyes pierced at Miko's.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

A week had passed. It was the month of autumn now. Dry leaves were blowing along with the wind.

I had rejoined as the assassin and the assistant of the Yashiro Commissioner.

"I wouldn't be doing that if I were you." Ayato said as he placed one of the chess coins up against mine.

"I wouldn't be over-confidently speaking, If I were you either." I remarked arrogantly as I moved my chess coin.

Ayato stared clueless at the board. So did I.

"You do realize, it has ended with a draw." Ayato asked with a smile upon his face.

"I do. Which makes neither me nor you wrong." I replied back hastily.

Hisashi enters the room with a frown on his face.

"Another one-?" Ayato inquires.

"Y-Yes...M'lord...We have no leads too...." Hisashi sighed.

A week. The day I got into my job, it all began. Disappearance of children from Konda Village and Hanamizaka. Not a single trace were found by the Shuumatsuban. The Tenryou Commission were beginning with their investigation and by that they only sent Heizou.

For the past two days I and Ayato were looking into possibilities, tracking down suspicious clan leaders and more but we still had no leads. It was almost nerve wracking. To reduce the mental stress we decided to play shogi but upon hearing the news again, it feels like the tension once again began.

"That is.....the seventh child....this week alone..." I mumbled as I rubbed my forehead with my hands.

Ayato left a hm. He spoke up, "This matter must be taken up by us. I don't think the Tenryou Commission has anymore man power left to deal with another case as they are busy capturing Fatui agents and mages who went mad."