57. An Apology.

I slowly gained my consciousness back and my blurry vision was starting to fade

I slowly gained my consciousness back and my blurry vision was starting to fade. I was able to see things more clearer now. 

I tried recollecting what had happened. When I realized it, I wondered who fed me the pills. I couldn't see them nor could I remember their voice. My vision was completely gone back then.

My face was facing towards the window. Outside the window there was a beautifully lit up city of Inazuma. The sky was filled with stars.

"What a beautiful sky...." I mumbled.

"Your finally up?" a voice was heard.

Suddenly shocked from that voice, I turned around and saw Ayato seated in a chair with his legs crossed over another. His eyes were weary and dull. Of all times why was he here now..

I didn't know how to speak things out to him.

"How are you doing now?" He asked.

"I feel good now. Thank you for asking. You may leave now." I said sternly.

"Still stubborn with me....? Not even gonna ask who saved you?" He asked with his eyes piercing through mine.

I got up and sat on the bed.

"Well who saved me then?"

"Kamisato Ayato or in simple words me. I saved you from that...condition of yours." He said. Suddenly I took notice of blood stained on his coat and clothes.

"Thank you for saving me. I'm grateful to you."

"Are you really grateful to me?"

"If  your trying to persuade me to forget the past and move on, You needn't tell me that. I know it."

"No Y/n. I'm not here to do that. I'm here to apologize."

"Apology? I don't think I deserve one." I lied.

"Kaedehara Kazuha had visited me yesterday. He told me about your illness. I was truly....guilty for my behavior towards you over the past two years." He said as he sat upright.

"You did what was right. You wished to protect Ayaka and yourself from the harm of the Fatui and as long as I was there, you all were in danger."

Ayato remained silent.

"My illness is caused due to my emotions. Ever since the incident, it was a regular thing. For two years I tried avoiding my emotions and moved on, but when I received a letter from Ayaka not so long ago, it once again.... began."

"Ayaka's letter?"

"Ayato. Ayaka cares about you very much. When you had denied her opinions, she wrote a letter to me. It was in fact a letter I never wished I got, but when I read it, I wanted to come back."

Ayato stared at me when realization hit him.

"Throughout the bad times of Kamisato Clan, had she not done her best? She stepped out of her comfort to come out and become the 'Shirasagi Himegimi' of Inazuma. She created an entire new view for the people to respect the Kamisato Clan. I think her opinions are well deserved to be heard by you, Ayato."

"I'm aware Y/n..-"

"The only person you have to apologize to is Ayaka now, not me. I don't deserve it anyways."

"....."

"Lady Ikoue Izuna after all is going to get married to you. I suppose I already got on her bad side thus why I think we shouldn't.....meet ever again." I said and got up from the bed, walking past him towards the door.

He got up from the chair and held my wrist.

"Y/n, Izuna is nothing to me. Not a co-worker, not a friend, not an assistant, not my lover or not even my wife. I never liked her. I had no choice but to somehow agree into that mess." His eyes were pleading me.

I chuckled.

"My goodness, you really want me dead? Playing with my emotions like its toys isn't fun Ayato."

"I'm being dead serious right now." Ayato said 

I turned around to be met with his eyes. We gazed at each other's eyes for a moment

"Will you forgive me Y/n. For all the things I did. I would even get on my knees-"

"Stop talking nonsense such as going on your knees would you?" I said as a joke to lighten up the mood.

He laughed slightly.

"Then answer, will you forgive me?"

"Maybe. Though I have a condit-"

Ayato's eyes glimmered when I replied. He smiled.

Suddenly the man fell down to the floor. I quickly caught him by one side and rested him onto the wooden floor.

"Great archons, If this man dies here an entire commission is gonna come after me." I said as I stared at fatigued Ayato on the floor.

"You really are an idiot. Except your my idiot."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/n : The urge to make Ayato knee and beg for forgiveness was high. But Alas, I didn't want to do it for reasons unknown.

Anyways, I wanted to give a small preview for Thoma and Kazuha fic but turns out I made so many mistakes in it. I'll show it later <3

Thank you for 270k reads and 11.4k votes <3!! Also omg the book is on #8 for Genshin Impact tag??!