73. Return of the Assassin, Elegance.

I had finally reached the Kamisato Estate

I had finally reached the Kamisato Estate. Thoma came out side quickly running towards me.

"Hey Y/n! Your finally here! I'm so glad you made it. Did you have any troubles?" Thoma asked.

"Oh no no I just had some cleaning work to do at my house today hence the delay. My apologies though. Where's Ayaka and Ayato?" I inquired.

"They are inside waiting for you eagerly! I think both of them are having an intense shogi contest at the moment. Follow me let's get going." Thoma said cheerfully.

I nodded my head.

"Oh yeah and Y/n, you look really pretty in a Kimono!" He said.

"Why thank you, Thoma.." I blurted out.

Walking through the corridors of the Kamisato Estate brought so many good and bad memories. The days as the Commissioner's assistant and the days as his so called fake wife.

I could hear my heart beat loud.

Thud, Thud.

I didn't have my resume. It was supposed to be a gift for Ayato's birthday. I realized my mistake and misunderstood him. Had I realized that he left me in Watatsumi Island out of deep consideration for me maybe....maybe I wouldn't have been so harsh with him.

Thoma finally stopped on his foot and told we could enter the door. I took a deep breath in and exhaled.

"Alright, I'm ready." I gave Thoma a nod.

Thoma opened the sliding door to reveal two siblings sitting and staring at the shogi board.

"Check!" Ayato exclaimed.

 Ayaka took her eyes off the board as she turned to see me.

"Y/n! You made it!" Ayaka exclaimed. Ayato's eyes instantly took off the board as it came to meet with mine. A small curve was formed on his lips as he welcomed. "Glad you made it Y/n."

His violet azure eyes were now piercing mine. We both stared at each other till I broke it and spoke,

"Happy Birthday Ayato. Hope you have a great year ahead." I wished him. He smiled.

"Thank you Y/n. Please have a seat." He said in a calm manner.

Hours passed. We cut a cake which was specially made for Ayato by Thoma and Ayaka. The night was tranquil. We had one of the iconic games of 'Hot pot' and then played some cards.

"Well  then it is getting quite late for me as I have some matters to attend tomorrow. I'll be taking my leave to my chambers. Oh Y/n, why don't you stay back here for the night?" Ayaka asked.

"I..I have to get back to the city soon before Yoimiya gets worried." I lied. Of course I still had to talk to Ayato about my rejoining.

"I see...that's fine I suppose...Good night you both." Ayaka told as she walked out.

Now it was just me and Ayato sitting in silence. We did often speak but there seemed to be a slight tension between us. Thoma had some cleaning duties to attend so he left.

"Well then Y/n, shall I escort you till the City as it is quite late right now?" Ayato asked.

I was a little startled by him suddenly asking but I agreed.  We were walking beside each other through the Chinju Forest. It seemed like the forest was calm and no jerk was seen hiding behind bushes.

The only sound that could be heard was of our footsteps walking over the leaves and the sounds of the crickets chipping. I decided to speak.

"Ayato. I need to speak with you." I told as I stopped. He looked over me leaving a 'hm'

"I- I don't know how to put this in words. Over the past few days, I came to know from Itto a lot about what had happened here in Inazuma while I was away at Watatsumi Island." I told as I looked straight into Ayato's eyes.

The moon shone well. It highlighted his face and didn't make the forest seem too dark. From his reaction he looked clueless as well.

"I-.....I am sorry. I am sorry for being too harsh and now I think I'm starting to regret it....I-..I came to know you did that only because you cared for me but I brushed you off thinking that you discarded me. I was so wrong to think so....and hurt your feelings." I told.

Ayato stood there stunned. He finally spoke.

"Don't be sorry for a mistake you had not committed. I suppose I well deserved that treatment from you. Please don't feel guilty or disturbed." Ayato comforted as he left a slight chuckle.

I stood there still. The wind blew gently, carrying some leaves along with it.

"Though Y/n. I still love you. You might never want to get into a relationship with me after what I made you go through, but always know that I'll love you till my very last breath and I'll always be happy for you." Ayato told as he took a step forward and took a leaf out of my hair.

Thud, Thud. My heart began beating faster. I mustered up all my feelings and told it to Ayato in one go.

"I love you Ayato and this time I'm serious, I love you very much. I'm more than willing to start another relationship with you. Not only that, I wish to join the Shuumatsuban back as Elegance."

Ayato's eyes widen at my statement. A frown appeared on his face. He walked forward and hugged me.

"Y/n...I don't want to lose you again..." He murmured slowly as he hugged me.

"Then...Then stay with me. Be on my side, protect me and I'll forever be here for you, protecting Inazuma along with you." I murmured back to him as I reached my hands to his back pulling him closer in the hug.

Ayato pulled me out of the hug and stared back at me. His eyes were watery and his face showed a concerned expression.

"Ayato. Remember the time before we encountered the Balladeer at the Domain in Watatsumi Island? I promised you that I'd be right beside you always?" I asked to him.

He nodded his head. I took his palm off from my shoulder and held his hands.

"Just don't...don't underestimate me. I am L/n Y/n or known as Elegance in the Shuumatsuban unit. I am an assassin after all, feared by the unjust people." I convinced him.

"....."

"Ayato. Please, trust me. I will lose my essence of duty. I will simply become unworthy." I said him.

Ayato left a sigh upon hearing it.

"If it truly is your essence of duty, then you may come back 'Elegance'. But Y/n, do I have the permission to stop you if it involved in risking your life?" Ayato questioned.

I stared back pondering at his question.

"Yes, you do." I replied. Ayato chuckled and pulled me back into his embrace.

"I'm perhaps the luckiest man on Earth to have met you."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/n: I'm sorry to those people who expected a lot from this chapter but I hope I wrote it clear enough for you all!! Now next up we start beating people down in Inazuma!

Thank you for the 390K reads and 16.2k votes! Just a quick heads up there's only like 2 chapters left

*sniffs and sobs dramatically*