4. Siblings

I walked a bit faster now and Ayaka began asking me why was I walking in fast but I told her that we're getting late and Thoma must be worrying

Surprisingly she fell for my lie and also quickly began pacing up.  At this moment I was very sure the Stalker would've realized that I understood their motives so they too began speeding up pace but keeping a distance from us.

Finally we reached to where Thoma was waiting for us. I had a sigh of relief that Thoma was here and nobody in entire Inazuma would've dared to mess with an influential man like him.

"You guys should hear me out first before anything" Thoma began

"I got the fish for 300 mora today."

"Oh- Is there something...great about it Thoma..? I'm not familiar with these things.."

"M'lady we get the fish at 1000 mora everyday."

"I see you made profits."

I was too focused on searching this stalker that I really didn't reply to their conversation.
Ayaka noticed that something wasn't right with me so she did grow wary about me and asked.

"Is there something of a matter Y/n? You seem to be oddly worried.."

"Oh. Oh- there's nothing! really! I think we are good to head back to the estate yes? Did you get the fish at cheaper prices Thoma?"

"Yup. Let's head back!"

The walk back to the Kamisato Estate was rather lively. Ayaka was the eldest daughter or the princess of the clan. She had to always abide with rules and maintain the dignity of the clan.

It did quite put a lot of pressure on her. Of course, times change despite being in an eternal nation. Changing- wait no Breaking the rules would be indeed a thing against eternity the Shogun wishes for but, a family rule that binds a young elegant woman-- I don't think the Shogun would mind that would she?

Despite the Kamisatos having a rule to not attend any sort of festivals they host for the people of Inazuma, Ayaka had broke that barrier and visited the festival personally by herself. If it were the past, people would've criticized her but people were rather happy to see their beloved Shirasagi Himegimi attending the festival.

From what I've also heard she's made friends with some random traveler from afar. I was happy to know that she did begin opening up to new people and making new friends.

After reaching the Kamisato estate, Ayato was waiting for Ayaka.

"Elder brother! What are you doing here..? Don't you have any trivial matters to attend with?"

"Oh, let's say your elder brother really missed his younger sister for the first time during working hours so he's here to ask you how was the trip?"

Ayato then had embraced his little sister in front of me and Thoma. Thoma was internally crying due to the sibling's dynamic....I could've easily read that from his face.

It was really nice to see the Kamisato siblings get along so well. That's when I was reminded of my own elder brother. How I longed to get a warm embrace from him. How I used to wait all night long for him to return back home. How I used to love his cooking.

The thoughts filled up my mind like a flooding memory. I could've sworn I was close to crying but I got back on my heels, excusing myself out to avoid letting them all see me break down.

What really happened I tried to recollect. What was the real purpose that I became an Assassin.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌