71. Heart-ached feeling.

I was checking upon on Ayaka's wounds as the guards were dragging Izuna away

I was checking upon on Ayaka's wounds as the guards were dragging Izuna away. Ayato had a warm smile on his face as he walked towards me and Ayaka.

"I owe you a lot right now I suppose. Thank you for saving my sister." Ayato spoke.

"Seeing a close friend in danger had quite pulled my strings. I suppose it isn't really a matter you'll have to owe or thank me for Ayato." I replied.

"Looks like you both aren't as hostile with each other as I imagined it to be." Ayaka interrupted chuckling.

Ayato and I look at each others face and lets out a slight laugh as Ayaka had little clue about the fact that I had reconciled as friends with Ayato.

"Well then Ayaka I'll be taking my leave! I have some other work to do at the city." I said as I walked off.

"Wait a moment Y/n!" Ayaka called out. I turned around with a confused look. Ayato too was pretty much confused.

"What's the matter Ayaka?" I asked.

"How did you know those two were about to attack me as I'm quite curious how you noticed it and I didn't." Ayaka asked.

I left a little chuckle.

"I was searching around for an Oni friend of mine who usually enjoys staying near the Chinju Forest as I had a meeting with him. I was searching for him until I saw Izuna along with four men who looked nothing like guards and followed them in."

"I suppose after that part is where I come in." Ayato told.

Ayaka turned towards her brother waiting for his explanation.

"I was returning from work and I noticed two of them outside arguing with the yashiro commission guards until they turned hostile and told that I wasn't allowed to enter the estate." Ayato spoke.

"And-? What did you do to them brother?!" Ayaka questioned.

"I think it's best you don't ask such questions Ayaka." I replied.

Ayaka stared at Ayato, while he avoided his gaze towards her and stared at a bonsai tree maintained by Thoma.

"What a wonderful Bonsai Tree." Ayato remarked.

"Yo-Ho! looks like all of you guys were here throwing a secret party without me, the one and only great oni of Inazuma." Itto walked in with his hands in pockets while Kuki Shinobu walked in sighing beside him.

"Boss...They weren't having a party." Kuki told.

"Eh? Didn't you see that lady who went down mumbling things? I thought she lost a game of onikabuto to Ayato or something." Itto blundered out.

"Sadly yes, she lost a game of onikabuto Itto. Now since Kuki's finally found you I suppose you could show me whatever you were planning?" I asked.

"Yeah Yeah! Seeya later Bro Ayato and his sister whom I never knew of." Itto said walking away. Ayaka left a chuckle. I gave an awkward smile and followed on with Itto.

3rd POV:

"Your oni friend is quite funny brother. Though I'm disappointed you never told him about me." Ayaka giggled.

"His brain won't be able to handle if I had to talk about you. Let's say he's a man of simplicity and has no care in the world and I do enjoy that attitude of his." Ayato replied as he stared the the trio walking together.

"I see...It is good that we have reliable friends who aren't greedy." Ayaka said as she turned around and walked towards the Estate.

"Get your wound cleaned and dressed soon." Ayato told.

Ayato still stared at the Trio who were walking together, sharing laughter and smiling. Especially Y/n. Not in years that he knew her and was close to her, had she smiled so wide.

It truly ached his heart. He loved her yet the feeling she showed back to him were cold or emotionless. Unlike the ones she showed to Itto or any of her friend.

What was expected of an Assassin after all. Maybe one day she'd be the one to press the cold blade through him. After all he too was a politician. A supreme power after the Almighty Shogun throughout Inazuma.

He also knew he wouldn't dare to hold his blade against Y/n for he had deserved whatever she would do to him. After all wasn't it him who had hurt the most?

A informant ninja appeared behind Ayato. "M'lord, we have information."

"From the Ikoue Household? Or is it any external matters?" Ayato questioned as he closed his eyes.

"Ikoue Household. We saw the arrival of a harbinger in there."

Ayato's eye wide opened.

"H-Harbinger? You mean the one from Liyue or?" Ayato asked as he was reminded of his old harbinger acquaintance. A feeling of betrayal was over him.

"He's from Sumeru. Fear not comrade, I never forget to complete the ends of a contract." A man walked towards Ayato.

"Tartaglia." Ayato spoke in a shock.

"Kamisato Ayato. Been a while?" Childe left a slight laugh.

"Indeed it has. Your timing is impeccable." Ayato said as he dispersed the informant.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"And what's in for me? If I were to end the Kamisato Clan and the one Scaramouche has been wanting dead for so long, what profits do I make. I don't have all the time in the world." A man with a weird mask sat on a seat. His crimson red eye were sending in glances and he was was least interested in talking . Many Fatui Guards were along with him.

The Ikoue Clan leader sat opposite, trembling.

"W-We'll get control over the Yashiro Commission, which means I could fulfill any demand you ask, Lord Dottre." He responded.

"Any demand you say?" The harbinger got up, grinning widely.

"Yes Lord Harbinger." The Ikoue leader responded.

"Then I'd like around twenty fine, healthy children all in my labs for research. No guarantees on returning them alive." The Harbinger laughed.

A shiver went behind the Ikoue clan's leader. He was afraid of the consequences he'd have to go through yet he agreed.

"Well then, I shall get started on my work. But if I don't receive what I had demanded for Ikoue, I'll have your entire family become my specimen for testing purposes." The harbinger gave death glares with a wide grin.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: So ahem nobody is gonna ask why 73rd or 74th chapter may end in angst. Also I have no idea where Dottre is from so I'm gonna assume he's from Sumeru.

I may also delay updates once again due to exams next week but I'll try my best to update <3

Anyways my friend made this hope you enjoy it lol