13. Home.

"Y/N IS THAT YOU?? THE VERY SAME Y/N WHO ASKED FOR PAIMON AND TRAVELER'S HELP??"

"Y/n...? you were in this too?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

"Paimon can no longer think so Paimon's outta here.." She said and disappeared into thin air.

There was a long silence at the basement until Ayato got up.

"Well, since the introductions are over, I might have to excuse myself as I have to head back to the Estate."

You nodded at his statement and was left alone at the basement along with Lumine.

The silence was killing us both, almost strangling me but I am not the one to usually begin talking either..

Lumine left a sigh and finally spoke out;

"Y/n, are you not going back for the night?"

"I will. Soon. But aren't you going back?"

"I'll be heading to Inazuma city for a lodg-"

"I'll help you out, consider it one way of me apologizing."

"Hm"

.

.

.

After escorting Lumine back to Inazuma City and helping her check into a lodge, I said my farewells and began walking back.

Inazuma City was where my real home was located. But I've abandoned it since that night. I never set my foot into that house again fearing those documents. Something kept pushing me to walk in the direction of my home once again.

At first I tried to distract myself by taking glances at nearby stores, but I ended up only wanting to go more. After quarreling with my self, I finally ended up walking in there without realizing.

Right in front of me was the door. My hands on the knob. Trembling.

I twisted the knob and opened. It was dark inside but the moon shone well enough to lead me to the switches. After turning the lights on, I saw the halls as same as it was before. A small yumemiru shelf was there, where we used to place our shoes and sandals in. A couple of family photos were on it too. A bit dusty too..

Walking in, I saw everything the same almost. I decided to go upstairs and enter my room. That is when everything seemed chaotic. I enter the room to see a messy table with dried ink over it, a unmade bed which was more messy. Looking at it already reminded me of that day..

Before leaving my room I took one more glance that's when I remembered that I never split any ink...

Confused, I went out to the small backyard we had to get some fresh air as the house was dusty and suffocating.

I took a deep breath and exhaled closing my eyes. I open it again to see some foot prints in the backyard. My eyes averted to where the foot prints had lead, but all of a sudden I felt a stinging pain on my neck and my eyes began to close.

I fell on my knees and slowly collapsed. Before shutting my eyes, I saw a person with a black hood. Fatui.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: I think the next chapter would be more fun. Guess it if you don't know :)

Also holy shit, 6K Reads and nearly 250 votes (246 as I type this) idk how to thank you all!!