Tell Me I'm Not Coming Home (JILIX)

Now playing Berlin by Ry x

Continuation from the 'The Lovers That Went Wrong' (JILIX) chapter.

"You look amazing."

He saw Seungmin smiling in the mirror, and he couldn't help but chuckle softly to himself as the make-up artist was doing a few finishing touches on his face. "You're just saying that," he mumbled, and the younger only shook his head.

"I'm telling the truth," He came up behind him and fixed his hair, "he's going to be blown away with how pretty you look."

Felix gulped and looked away, "I... can't believe it's today..."

The brunette nodded his head as he helped to pack up the makeup into a bag, "It's exciting, isn't it?"

The freckled boy only hummed in response as he listened to the younger. "In the next few hours, you will be walking down that alter!"

"Yeah...it's unreal."

"You're nervous about it, I understand," Seungmin placed a shoulder on his shoulder, "but you've been dreaming of getting married and settling down ever since you were young. You're always talking about how nice it would be to start a family of your own, and you're finally getting it!"

Felix smiled, "Yeah...I'm finally getting it."

Though it didn't last very long, but the younger didn't notice his frown. "Alright, I'll come back in an hour or so, and I'll help you get dressed then," Seungmin stated as he and the make-up artist was walking towards the door, "make sure not to touch your hair or mess your make-up or so help me, I will rain hell on your perfect day."

Was it...his perfect day?

The blonde-haired male put on a tired smile that went unnoticed by his best friend, who left him in the room all alone with his thoughts. Felix looked at himself in the mirror, genuinely shocked at how good the makeup artist was at hiding his insecurities. His eyebags were gone as if he didn't have them in the first place, making his eyes look less tired and more alive. His lips were plump and glossy, just nice to his liking, but his skin – his face was much brighter, his cheeks were highlighted, giving him that natural blush, and his freckles were hidden under the foundation.

He was trying to like what he saw in the mirror, but he found himself tearing his eyes away from the sight. He was happy that his insecurities were covered by the makeup but for some reason, he just couldn't find the strength to like how he looked right now. He didn't feel comfortable in his skin, and he was suddenly reminded of the times where he was when his flaws were open and about.

Seungmin said that he looked pretty, but he didn't feel like that.

The person that was here right now wasn't him. The person in the mirror wasn't him.

He wasn't him.

Hell, the whole wedding wasn't even arranged by him!

"Only today...," he whispered underneath his breath as he brought his knees close to his chest and laid his chin on top, "it's only for today..."

He couldn't be upset, at least not today. Everyone was busting their asses to make this event lively and fun for him, he couldn't just ruin the mood just because he didn't feel like himself. Plus...he wanted this day to happen...he was the one that wanted this more than anyone.

His eyes wandered from the floor to a specific painting that was secured on the wall in his room. He observed the frame, taking in the colors and the details that it had. "When did I put you there...?" Felix stood up from his seat and walked over to the canvas. He didn't remember putting the painting there, but as he got closer to it, he started getting familiar with it.