So You Brought Out The Best in Me (SEUNGLIX)

Now playing: All I Want by Kodaline

Seungmin lives in a world where each person/soul is able to live up to 9 lives. After you're done with your 9th life; your soul would dimmish and you won't be able to live again. That's why people always kept the phrase, 'cherish the moments you have until you're gone because nobody knows when it can be your last.

Life is too short; Seungmin knew this. He had seen on movies/shows or read books to know that you can die at any given time. Whether it be during your old age, or during your adulthood, or even when you're just a baby; anything can happen and you'll be gone in a flash.

It was scary, but thank God they had 9 lives to spare.

But there was a good thing in living 9 lives; it's when you get to spend it with your soulmate.

They say you will meet your soulmate during your first life in this world, and once you do, you'll be able to find them, again and again, each life you're on. It'll be easy to find them too; they'll have the same face, same personality, same everything. You would even remember some memories of them in your previous life as well.

And the most beautiful part about that is when you guys can both dimmish together once you're in your last life. How can it not be beautiful? You're in your last moments with the person you love and you guys leave together.

So, Seungmin did his best in trying to find his soulmate.

He would travel to places, go beyond the seas, go through wars, just to find his soulmate, and each time he came back defeated. He didn't know where his other half would be and he was slowly giving up. There was a risk that sometimes people would be born without a soulmate and these were the people that had done something really bad in their previous lives.

What could Seungmin had personally done to not be able to meet his mate?

All his friends had told him that he needed to wait for the right time but he was already on the verge of giving up. Everyone he knew or saw had already found their soulmate and they looked so happy to be with their mated half. Seungmin envied them so much; he wanted to feel what it's like to love and care for someone while also receiving the same back.

He thought that maybe this was it. Maybe he wasn't deserving to have a soulmate and he was fated to be lonely for the rest of his life. But that all changed when he bumped into someone on his normal coffee run.

The person was wearing an oversized beige sweater that was tucked into a pair of black ripped jeans. He wore a belt that hugged his waist and a pair of black boots. The look was casual but Seungmin saw the person as some sort of God.

He was pretty and Seungmin didn't know why his heart was jumping out of joy when the stranger bowed down and apologized for bumping into him.

"Ah, I'm sorry for that! I should see where I'm going next time."

"No- No! Don't be! It was an accident, it's okay. What's your name, by the way? I have never seen you here before."

"Oh, that's because I moved here. My name is Felix and what's yours?"

"Seungmin. Kim Seungmin."

Everything changed for the younger after that. After their little encounter, Seungmin had been meeting up with Felix every time he went out for coffee. They would smile at each other and have a small talk while waiting for their coffee.

Turns out, Felix was an author and he moved to Korea to get away from all the drama back in Australia. He wouldn't explain what it was but Seungmin knew better to ask more when they were still considered strangers.