And I'd Sing A Song, That'd Be Just Us (SEUNGLIX)

Now Playing: Another Love by Tom Odell 

TW: DEATH, BLOOD, HANAHAKI AU BECAUSE WHY NOT

It's been a long time since Seungmin had felt emotions.

People looked at him as if he was some sort of robot; he didn't care, it's not like he could feel anything anyway. He didn't have many friends since he was known to be a buzzkill in events or just anything in general.

He wasn't always like this; no, there was a time where he felt emotions. There were times where he felt happy, sad; he felt everything. But that was a long time ago. And it was all because of this damned disease.

The Hanahaki disease came when he was just starting middle school. It was horrible; people were dying and flowers being the cause of it. 13-year-old Seungmin didn't know anything and his parents kept any information about the disease away from him; they didn't want him to be even more terrified than he already was.

But with the lack of information on how this disease was caused, Seungmin continued living his middle school life without fearing anything. He went to classes, talked to friends, participated in events, and even had his first love.

When Seungmin first found out about his feelings for one of his friends, Jeongin, he was over the moon. He had read about it in books, watched it in movies and he had this desire to feel exactly how it was to fall in love. It was sweet and Seungmin loved every second of it.

If only he knew how dangerous it was to fall in love.

He did everything he could to make Jeongin notice him; from little letters placed on his table to bringing him out to eat at new cafes at any given chance. He gave hints to the younger about his feelings for him but it always seemed like Jeongin didn't notice.

But Seungmin didn't give up; no, he decided to do the thing that will finally declare his love for the younger. He was going to confess to him.

He had a whole plan in his head; get Jeongin to come to the rooftops after school, hand him flowers and finally confess to him. It was simple but it was what Seungmin could do with his budget and he knew Jeongin wouldn't want to go to an expensive restaurant.

It was going well and he executed his plan well. Jeongin came to the rooftops, Seungmin handed him the flowers and confessed right there. He had a smile on his face but it slowly faded at one the younger had to say next.

"I-I'm sorry, Hyung."

"Why are you apologizing for?"

"I don't feel the same way- I'm sorry."

"..."

"Hyung? Say something, please."

"It's okay! I understand."

Pushing the pain aside, he reassured the younger that it was alright. There were possibilities that the plan could go sideways so Seungmin should have expected it. He was just so sure that Jeongin felt the same way but guess life has its ways to fuck things up.

And it went even more downhill after that.

Seungmin couldn't even leave the bed for school the next movie; he was in a coughing fit that hurt so bad he felt like his throat was about to tear itself apart. It was only when he coughed out blood along with petals and his parents barging in his room with eyes filled with horror did, he realize that the situation was way worse than it seemed.

When he was rushed to the hospital, he was immediately hooked onto so many machines while the doctors were checking on him. His parents were there watching with worry; his mom was on the verge of crying while his dad had a more disbelief kind of expression and Seungmin didn't know what was going on.