You Can Pretend It's Meant To Be (CHANGLIX)

Now playing: Animals by Maroon 5 

TW: CHEATING, A LITTLE BIT OF SMUT, KINDA MANIPULATIVE, SOME SORT OF OBSESSION BEHAVIOUR

Changbin has never been one to be stuck over certain things.

All his life, he has never once had anything constant. If he liked something, it would only be for a few weeks before he feels bored. You could give him anything; a car, an item, anything, and he would eventually get bored of it without a doubt. He didn't really have anything to be obsessed over.

In fact, he didn't like to be stuck in the same thing, he always liked to change things. It can be a room design, music taste, cars, houses; nothing couldn't be the same for a while. He just couldn't find himself to be obsessed with anything, hell, he wasn't even obsessed with his own girlfriend.

He was only dating her so his parents could get off his back. It became even more difficult to get rid of her when she said she had serious feelings for him when he didn't have anything to give to her in return. It was wrong, he knows but he really could care less about it because he did tell her why he was dating her in the first place.

He thought that maybe he could break it off as soon as his parents were done meddling with him but it seemed that they really liked his girlfriend, Dana, and even suggested that they marry each other.

Of course, Changbin didn't want that. Being stuck with the same person for the rest of his life? He didn't think he could live like that. But reputation meant everything to him and his parents, so it would be weird if the oldest son of the Seo family, who is in his thirties, to not be married.

God, he could hear the gossiping aunts and the pushy uncles that would eventually convince his parents to find him a date.

He told his father that he needed some time to think it through because it was a huge step in his life and he wasn't sure whether he wasn't going to spend it with someone he didn't love. Sure, Dana was all on board with it because of her feelings for the male but even he has some human decency to think that it's useless to be in a loveless marriage.

But, after a few days of solely thinking about how it would benefit him since Dana's mother was a very well-known businesswoman; it could bring him some good fortune for his company, even though it has already been doing well. He even did a cost-benefit analysis and saw that the pros outweigh the cons a lot so he eventually gave the marriage a greenlight.

They were going to be married on paper, either way, so he could continue living his life the way he preferred to.

But then, everything changed.

He didn't know what he felt, he couldn't find the direct meaning of how his blood would always run in his veins with such speed when he was near; how his heart would brutally punch the inside of his chest when he could feel his touch; how his stomach would do multiple flips when he heard something muffled against his ear.

For the first time in his life...he was stuck on something. Or rather...someone.

His brown eyes that reminded Changbin of pools of honey; his cute button nose that Changbin had always pecked; the multiple freckles that were scattered across his sharp yet soft defined face had Changbin always count them without fail; his pretty, pink, plump, heart-shaped lips that Changbin always kissed; his sun-kissed skin that Changbin always touched. Every single part of that male would always be in his mind. God, Changbin could remember every single part of that male by heart.

"Changbin."

Even his voice, deep like the ocean and heavy that could send vibrations to the core, sounded so sweet in his ears.