We're Beautifully Tragic (JILIX)

This is a 12k one-shot jskfvnksjnfvdn just a heads up. 

Now playing: Romeo by Bryce Xavier

Playing next: Bon Iver - Rosyln

A little boy was looking through the bookshelf that his dad had set up for him. It was past his bedtime but he was too wide awake to be able to fall back asleep. As his eyes scanned through the books, they landed on something very interesting. It didn't have any drawings or pictures on the cover; it was just a brown blank book with the title 'Storyteller.'

Curiosity growing in him, he took the book in his hands and crashed onto his bed. He pushed all the dust away, sneezing a bit as some tickled his nose, and finally opened the book. Despite its boring cover, the inside was filled with many different drawn-out characters with words above them.

He read through the book, even if he was just 10 years old; he enjoyed reading and that was all because of his dad. Both of them would go into bookstores, grabbing whatever interested them and go to a café to read. It was something they both enjoyed doing and the child liked spending them with his dad.

As he was flipping through the pages of the book, taking note at the last few pages of the book were ripped, one character caught his eye. It was a human with deep brown eyes. Out of the characters he has seen, this one stood the most.

As he observed closer, he could see something moving. Confused, he examined further and when he saw that it wasn't moving, the child concluded that he was probably drowsy from sleep.

"Kid, don't you have to sleep now?" a voice suddenly spoke and the child's eyes widen when he saw that it was the character that was speaking to him.

Without thinking much, he slammed the book closed, earning a cry of pain from inside. Worried, he opened it back to the page and saw the character rubbing his head. The character then glared at the child, "What was that for?!"

"You- You talk?!" the child exclaimed but not too loud for his parents to hear.

"Yes, I do, and don't slam the book anymore! It hurts!" the character cried out.

"How-How...i- what?" the child looked at the book, confusion written on his face. How does a fictional character talk out of a sudden? "Why are you talking? - How are you talking?"

The character only smiled and did some little wave with his hands, "Magic."

The child raised his eyebrows at the character who chuckled upon seeing the reaction. "What's your name, Kid?" he asked.

He was silent for a bit, debating whether he should let this character know about him but after a while, he decided that it was alright; what can a character do? Jump out of the book?

"Jeongin."

"Hello, Jeongin. You can call me the storyteller," the character introduced himself. "Now, answer my question again...shouldn't you be asleep right now?"

The younger nodded his head slowly, "But I'm not tired."

The storyteller only hummed. After a while, he got an idea, "Say, do you like stories?"

Jeongin nodded immediately which made the character giggle at the cute expression. "Okay, he added after, "I have one for you but you better sleep after, alright?"

"I will!" the younger smiled. "What's the story about?"

"A boy who met a fictional character."

.

.

.

Felix squealed in excitement as his eyes landed on one of his favorite authors' books, "Finally found you!" he grabbed the book and looked through the pages. His fondness grew more as he read the description on the back of the book. "Mystery and action...that's new."