Chapter 32: Valeriy Ayers - Game Floor (Part II)

.

.

.

"Holy shit!! It's so bloody close!" I shrank away from the bad breath washing over my face. "Hurk."

"Dry heaving's not helping you in any way."

"Urgh.... If... if the eyeball is dangling out of the socket – bleghhh... it's still a kill thingy, right?"

"I don't see why not."

With a shrug, I fired for the swaying eyeball dangling from the swaying head on a swaying body.

"You lied! Eve! You fucking lied!"

"Never confirmed or denie – This is shooting practice. Not shove-gun-barrels-into-eye-sockets practice."

"Still worked, didn't it? Eww. It's all goopy. Make the goop disappear. Oh my god, it's so gross! Hurgh. Make it go away! It stinks!!"

"Doesn't have to work."

"Oh you fucking ass!"

I kicked off the head when its grubby four fingered hand wrapped around my ankle. Huffing out a breath, before I lined up the sights with another cloudy eye.

"Val, when you squeeze the trigger, the barrel has to stay steady. Like this."

Bucky's body heat seeped through the shirt on my back before his right arm rested on the floor along my left. His fingers gently closed over mine, each finger lining up in the opposite direction. His chin barely touched my shoulder. His stubble almost made me giggle and shrink away.

I couldn't bring myself to move. Not away from his light touch. Not closer to his warm half hug. Had to keep the gun still, and for how confident I was with a steady hand, it took far too much effort to hold still.

"The slightest shift changes the trajectory."

The words brushed over the shell of my ear with a warm breath, sending a tingling jolt down my spine.

There was barely any pressure on my index finger at his gentle movem –

"Eh? The hell?"

Empty clicks.

"Uh oh."

Out of darts.

'Shit. Damn. Fuuuuuck.'

"Might I recommend clearing your head for the fifth time. Your levels are going to all manner of places."

"Clearly suggesting it hasn't worked the first four fucking times!!!"

I ducked under a grabby arm. Did not want that gross goop on me. Shoving darts into tiny holes while trying to dodge was more than annoying.

"Braaaaaaiiins!"

"Do not moan in my ear with that foul breath!!"

Straight up tore off its fucking head and it still bloody demanded for brains.

With a huff, I lined up the sights again.

'Deal with these three and get some wiggle room. Yup. Sounds about right.'

Probably utterly dumb luck I got my wiggle room....

"There! Like that!" Bucky practically cheered.

His hand grabbed onto my shoulder. His cheek pressed down against the top of my head.

And then he froze.