Chapter 21: Valeriy Ayers - Repeat (Part II)

.

.

.

'So it's one of these dreams...' I thought, waiting to die and respawn, as how these types of dreams seemed to always go.

Still was strange to feel the warmth leave me and the little kid struggling about. Shouldn't be too long to die, and it came with a body dropping onto my face.

This time I didn't bother with the fifth floor, climbing the railings as high as I could go. That was until bullets started to fly. I had to take the stairs normally, keeping close to the walls. Didn't feel like more bullet holes than the one in my upper thigh.

With a deep breath in, I tried to take flight or run on air or pull on the air so I didn't have to physically run up these damn steps. My attempt ended up with a strong leap straight into a wall, a broken nose and a missing front tooth. At least now could just jump my way up.

'...Fuck... I might actually need the kid,' I thought, staring at a biometric lock to the roof. She seemed to belong here better than I did, so she could probably open this up. 'Oh hi bullet. Thank you. Mind hitting me in the head nex – '

'This time, grab the kid.'

"Who are you?!"

"A friend."

'Nope. The horde's too fast to go back to the stairwell.'

"Who are you?!"

"A friend."

'At least, I'm lucid enough for super strength now,' I thought, denting the elevator doors under my fingers as I pried them open. The little jump I tried did nothing for remembering how to fly in a dream.

"Hang on to my back. Do not let go."

With a leap for the elevator cables, my hands turned bloody as I was unable to stop our descent straight onto a metal beam that stuck upwards for some fucked up reason or another.

"Who are you?!"

"A friend."

This time I worked around the edge, climbing what I could. Mostly made my own hand holds by denting the shit out of the I-beams and cutting the fuck out of my fingers for the effort.

'Did she just.... Did she just slip the bloody hell off my shoulders!?!?!'

With a huff, I let go, diving head first right for the metal spike. Dying slow would just be annoying.

"Who are you?!"

"Shut up," I snapped, tying her hands around my shoulders.

She shoved her pointy little knee against my spine near the base of my neck. Her hands tucked under my chin, the pressure getting tighter and tighter.

And I died.

Again.

This time from being strangled to death by the little brat.

"Who are you?!"

"Friend."

This time the elevator moved straight for us.

'Did I seriously get caught up in the gears?!'

"Who are you?!"

"Friend."