Fighting Against The Dark

CHARLIE'S POV:

"Mama? Mama, please wake up".A soft voice pleads, breaking through the thickness of darkness that I am currently drowning in.It resonates something deep inside of me, makes my heart swell and my chest clench. My wolf whines pitifully at the sound.

I know that voice...don't I?

Everything feels heavy and light at the same time, like I'm here but I'm not.

In-between.

The numbing sensation of cold and yet tingles of warmness on my right...or where I imagine where my right hand would be.

"Charlie!".

Slashes of light pierce through the thickness of the night.Golden pure light cascades directly in my sight.

I cringe.

It hurts.

I narrow my eyes and stare into the ethereal light that shone as soon as that deep voice called out.

Making my wolf howl and my own 'body' electrify.I stare at the light, a golden white. So pure and thick.

So innocent.

"Please don't leave us, I just got you back". His voice echoes softly.

"Mama, please come back. I love you!".

"Robin". I gasp.

Pain radiates through the darkness as I strain to move my body, I grunt and clench my teeth together as I fight against the night and to hold back the scream that threatened to break my body.
The light grows brighter, my whole being radiates with a burning fire.

I ignore the torturous pain as I force myself out of the clutches of darkness and force myself to reach for the light.

My hand clenches in pain, my arm stretching out of place, my teeth biting into my lip as my fingertip grazes the source of daylight.

It burns.

I gasp painfully as my body goes rigid and I arch up into the light.

Bright and warm.

...

HUNTER'S POV:

I shut my eyes before my tears fall. My sons voice breaks as he tells his mama that he loves him.

My heart shatters at the sound, its awful.

My wolf feels pathetic and so do I.

I just got my mate back into my life and I'm too lose him already?

No....

My hands clench the bed sheet, my pups heart wrenching sobs has me opening my eyes and pulling him into my chest, he grabs a hold of my shirt and sobs violently.

My eyes burn, my lip quivers and my heart breaks.I wrap my arms around my sobbing pup, I lean down and kiss his head.

"Don't worry, baby. I wont let anything happen to you". I whisper brokenly into his soft hair.

He sobs harder.

"W-why wont he wake up, daddy?".

"He's...resting, baby". I lie pathetically as my eyes rest on my brave mate. The man who saved a pregnant stolen mate, kicked some serious ass and saved a houseful of stolen Omegas.

He's a hero.

And I let him go. Never again.

"Your mama is a fighter and he will never give up". My voice is strong, I kiss my sons head before shutting my eyes for a moment.

He'll be fine.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

My eyes fly to the heart monitor, I stare in horror as the heart rate starts to go haywire, my eyes then fall onto my violently shaking mate.

"No, no, no. Help! We need help!". I roar to the outside, Robin gasps and freezes, he tries to turn in my arms to see his mama, but I keep him to my chest. He screams.

"Let me go!! Mama! Mama!". He sobs.

I stand up and freeze, I stare at him as his body shakes uncontrollably, his heart rate going crazy. The doctors run in screaming at one another, but I don't listen as I continue to stare at my dying mate.

This is my punishment, for rejecting him.

To watch him die.

The doctors are about to start CPR but something that will haunt me for the rest of my life happens.

...silence.

Then:

"Call it". One doctor mutters sadly.

No.

The other looks at his watch. He sighs and looks up, keeping his eyes from me and my sobbing son.

"6:24 PM".

No...no...

He's...dead...?