Denial & Yearnings

HUNTERS POV:

"Pregnant? As in with chid?".

"I don't think I can be pregnant with anything else". She snaps at me with an annoyed glint in her eyes, directed at me.

I run my hands through my hair, yanking the ends which causes pins of pain to spread across my scalp. My wolf is anxious and annoyed, he doesn't know how to feel about this.

Fuck him, I don't know how I feel about this.

This cant be happening.

I grit my teeth together as I shut my eyes.

My breathing is heavy and hard, I need to calm myself down.I force myself to take deep and calming breaths, I need to be calm and collected.

Forcing the sickening feeling to subside, I let the worry burrow itself back into my chest.

I feel it spreading.

I open my eyes and look at my wife, she looks worried, her whole body radiates fear and the stench of it is overpowering but her eyes are filled with water and it catches me off guard.

As I watch her, I begin to see it. The pieces fall into places, she's my wife, the mother of my pup, the future Luna of our pack.

I'm never going to get Charlie back, so maybe I should focus on what I do have and what I have, is a wife and a future child.

I feel myself somewhat pride up at the fact that I have a pup, a baby. I'm to be a father.

The pain I've held onto starts to warm, the cracks begin to cover.

I have a okay life and I need to act like the alpha that I should be.

I break out into a huge grin. Charlie has clearly moved on with his life and I suppose it's time for me to also move on.

"That's fantastic! I'm going to be a dad!". I bellow as I stand up, my whole being tingling with excitement! I feel like a new alpha.

I'm going to be a good dad and a great husband.

She looks up at me, eyes widen in surprise, then they light up in relief and dare I say it, happiness?

She smiles hugely before launching herself at me, my arms wrap around her. My nose finds her neck and I smell deeply.

I smell it.

Mother.

My child, our child.

I shall be the best alpha, husband and father.

I need to forget about Charlie because he's already forgot about me. He doesn't love me.

"I love you". I whisper into her ear. She shivers and I take that as a good sign. Her wolf nuzzling mine.

This will be my family.

My right family.

Charlie who?.

...