Way forward

Seeing is believing but also hurting.

HUNTER'S POV:

I heard the commotion.

Rushing away from my disappointed father, I knew it was Charlie, I just knew it.

And lo and behold-

Charlie kicking the shit out of my beta.

The cracks of his ribs being loud and excruciatingly painful, I rush forward towards them.

I see the look in my mates eyes.

Anger and revenge, but I see hurt and pain in those emerald green eyes.

The next violent kick has Turner breaking out in a violent sob, the delta's stay rigid and watch in horror.

With a snarl, to get Charlie's or his wolfs attention- I don't know whose is in control and that is frightening, its like they are one person- I charge into him, his body tenses up, my arms are quick to wrap around him, so my arms take the impact of the ground.

His hands clench In my shirt as I pull him closer to me.We hit the ground hard, he gasps painfully as I grunt when feeling the concrete bite into my bare arms and hands.

I feel and hear his ragged breathing, knowing he doesn't like being in such an intimate and vulnerable position with a dom wolf and an alpha.

Not being able to resist, I lean in closer and inhale that delicious scent of nature and sugar, I moan quietly, my wolf yipping happily.

I nuzzle in closer, my face comes into touch with his neck.

The sparks...are...indescribable.

Its like every bad memory and cut have disappeared from my being, I just feel healed and loved.

I can feel our bond begin to heal, like thread trying to latch onto one another, trying to stitch each other back together.

"Hunter, please get off of me". He whispers, I hear the plead and fear behind his voice.

I cant, I literally can't remove myself.my wolf is growling warningly and rather possessively.

I've just got him back! I'm not leaving again!

Just being this close is making me feel light headed.

But something captures me attention.

A scent.

I inhale.

Male.

Strong.

Wolf.

Alpha!

The growl that erupts from my mouth is fully my own.

"Whose touched you?". I roar, unable to hold back my fury, my jealously and possessiveness.

"What?". Charlie hisses as I pull back to look at him, his face still holds anger but I also see the confusion as he looks up at me.

I take a deep breath.

"Who has touched you? Are you dating-".

My heart breaks when I see Charlie look away quickly.

I have no right to feel like this, I married Courtney...i shouldn't be surprised that Charlie found someone else, but it hurts...stings like a bitch, but he didn't do this to hurt me.

"Okay". I say, I push myself up pulling Charlie with me, he looks at me with utter confusion, probably shocked at my calm behaviour.

It physically hurts to do this but I have no right to him, just my son.

I release him from my arms and smile softly at him. It hurts to act so calm, but me and my wolf both know this is right.

"I hope...he's treating you right".

He nods once,a frown on his face.

"He is, uh- sorry about the attack earlier, its not like me but...i just needed to hurt you because...well you broke me". He says holding my eyes showing me his courage and pain.

I feel a whimper try to break its way out of my mouth.

"I was a stupid pup, I had no idea what I was giving up".

"You still don't know me Hunter, you think you have some claim to me because we're mates". My heart leaps at this, he hasn't used past tense!."But you know nothing about me, I was just a one night fuck to you because you were high off the mate hormones. We don't really know one another and that's why I cant be with you and plus, you're kind of a dick".

I chuckle at his end comment, he shocks me by chuckling softly.

"I'm sorry Charlie for everything, I know this will help very little but I am, you mean everything to me, you're the mother of my pup, I need him in my life, please don't take that away from me". I whisper.

He doesn't wait for a second. "I would never do that to you Hunter, you're his father and I wouldn't take that away from him or you. I'm sorry about not telling you but...well you know". He chuckles sadly.

Every instinct within me forces me to embrace him but I don't, I'm not allowed.

"I understand but you've done a fabulous job with him, he's a smart and beautiful little boy". I compliment him truthfully.i'll always have the biggest respect for this man.

He blushes and it's fucking adorable, he manages to compose himself before smiling politely at me.

"Thank you Hunter, that means a lot. I try to give him the best I can offer. He's my entire world". He whispers and I can feel how much he loves our son, it makes my wolf proud and me happy.

"could I spend some time with him today? I don't know how long you're staying for and I really just have this need to be with him". I beg, literally beg.

He watches me for a moment, emotion conflicting in those ethereal eyes before he nods with a guarded smile.

"Come with me now, I'll get him ready".

I understand how difficult this is for him and for that I love him even more.

"Thank you Charlie, so much".

"This is just bonding time between you and Robin, nothing more". He adds sternly before turning on his heel and walking past the deltas who are taking Turner and Quentin to the infirmary.

"Don't harm him, I'll be back to check on him". Charlie adds as he turns back around to point at Quentin.

I smile at my deltas and whisper.

"You heard your Luna".

"Hunter, get your fat ass here". Charlie demands as he continues walking.

"Coming dear".

I could get use to this.

....

C: