The Past & The Future

SATURDAY 1:34 PM

"Are we there yet-".

"Yes, we're here". I cut my son off with a heavy sigh, hating how many times I have been asked this question; children are very annoying when on long travels.

I take a deep breath, feeling my aching body start to be relieved of pain, I stretch and groan quietly in a slightly pain and pleasure moment.

A few moments later, I cast my eyes at the house, a beautiful two story house, cream coloured with dark chestnut oak porch, green candy apple lawn.

It's beautiful and I find myself wanting it desperately. It's a family home, a home for my son and me.

That's when it happens.

The front door is pulled open, I find myself holding my breath, my chest constricting in fear and excitement.

My eyes are glued to the opening and who exits has my wolf literally whimpering.

My mom and dad exit the house; they stop on the porch and look over at me.

I stare at them, my eyes stinging.

This is how I find myself ripping my seatbelt off of me, I push the door open and jump out.

Before I even touch the ground I am wrapped up in huge arms and crushed against my father's chest.

My own arms wrap around his torso tightly, I feel my father slot his nose in my neck as he scents me, I return the gesture for a moment, I feel our wolves yipping happily at one another.

"I've missed you so much, Cub!". He whispers happily into my ear, my eyes sting as I return the sentiment.

We stay like this for a moment before he reluctantly pulls away from me but I only have a second of looking at his happy older face before my mom is attacking me, her arms wrapped around my neck, I wrap mine around her small body, she's crying into my neck.

My wolf whines at making our mother sad, I whimper slightly as I tighten my grip on her.

Her scent hits me, mother, home, safe and love. I've missed her so much.

"I'm so happy that you're back, I have missed you so much, my baby boy". She whispers shakily as she pulls back her hands placed on my face, she smiles at me and I return it. Her green eyes wide with happiness, I see where I got my eyes from, her long blonde hair tied high in a pony tail.

"Me too ma, I'm so happy- I'm so sorry that I haven't been here or kept in touch but...it was painful, too painful". I admit shamefully, I try to avert my gaze but she keeps my face firmly in place with her hands.

Her eyes hold a fierce look, one I haven't ever witnessed before.

"You did nothing wrong, HE did". She hisses with so much venom it nearly has me cringing in fear.

But I nod and smile forcibly at her.

"Uh, Cub?". My father interrupts us; I turn to him to see him with a confused frown and looking at the car.

Oh shit.

"Who is that?". He finishes with a point to the window that my son is currently looking out from.

Taking a deep breath, I pull away from my mother and feel pride explode in my chest at the chance of introducing my little man.

I bit my bottom lip for a second, I throw Robin a smile to calm him down, I can sense hit little Alpha feelings going all haywire.

I reach forward and pull open the door, I quickly unbuckle his seatbelt.

"Don't worry, okay pal". I say encouragingly to him, he knows better that I would never ever put him into a dangerous situation; I would kill anyone who would ever hurt him.