Bonding & Maturity

CHARLIE'S POV:

"No, I went to that new art college that opened in Texas, very small and I made some good friends. I really enjoyed myself there, until of course it was shut down for holding an illegal pot lab in the basement. It was actually rather amusing- but anyway, that's when I really needed a job and money, Robin was nearly three then and the dorm wasn't going to be ours for long, so I went job hunting and got some awful Jobs that had absolutely nothing to do with my degree-oh except for that time at Mary's Diner where I got to draw a pie and the title Cherry bomb explosion' on the specials board".

Hunter chuckles at my story, I smile inwardly at the sound.

"Then what happened?". He asks as we turn the last corner towards my house.

I clasp my hands together for a moment, enjoying the sun of face before it sets.

"Not much at first, I built a relationship with the customers and they would tell me of job placements and such, I worked at Mary's for nearly two years, I did a few bartending jobs and a month later Sandy found me, I was painting outside of this shitty studio apartment whilst Robin was asleep and I just...lost myself in painting a tree, a fuckin' tree, my god.i looked back and she was standing there with a huge smile on her face, she informed me that she was stood there for nearly two hours just watching me". I smile softly at her, she really helped me.

"...a bit creepy".

"I know, right!".

We share a friendly chuckle and a few glances.

This is very strange. Where is the angst and drama?

This seems a little anticlimactic.Am I seriously asking for more drama?

Don't be a dick, Charlie.

Shaking my thoughts out of my head, I decide to ask him some questions.

"What about you? What have you been up to?". I ask in a friendly tone.

He seems to tense up, his face a mask of conflicting emotions.He turns to me and flashes me a beaming smile.

My knees go weak at the sight, he is beautiful and I will always admit that.

His eyes crinkle.

He shoves his huge hands into his jean pockets.

Making him look even bigger.

"Uh, well obviously the pack moved. I went to college and got my degree in mechanics, then nothing important".

"Didn't you get married?". I remind him with a slight soured tone.

He chuckles. 'Oh yeah and that. Our parents kinda forced us into it, they hoped that it would produce an heir to the pack". He whispers hatefully.

He was forced into marriage?

I detect the truth from his voice and my wolf can sense his genuine distaste for his wife.

And this makes me happy.

...no, Charlie, you have Theo.That's good...right?

I can't be falling for him already! Its been one frickin' day.Feeling annoyed and anxious, I push forward but I stop when Hunter reveals something that has me stunned like a fish out of water.

"-but it seems we already have an heir for our pack, and he's already an alpha". He states with such pride it would make me smile if I wasn't so shocked by this brazen revelation.

I hear him stop behind me, probably sensing my distress.

"Charl-".

I turn on my heel fast and stare into his worried face.