Stinging Truths.

HUNTERS POV:

"...huh?".

He smiles dopily at me, the sun catching his dark auburn hair, his eyes looking so ethereal in this direct sun light.

'Ours! He's ours! Our pup!'.

Son. Boy. Child. Mine. Charlie. Ours. Alpha- my boy is an alpha?!.

'So proud! He's our packs next Alpha!'.

I couldn't move.he's my son....he looks just like a mini me and Charlie. He's beautiful.

My knees shake under my weight, my whole body is like a giant lead brick!

"You're funny!". He yelps with a too adorable chuckle. It has my wolf purring and me smiling.

He's my son...my son, I have a son!.

Excitement and happiness surge through me and before I know it I have the small adorable boy in my arms and crushed against my chest.

My wolf yips and howls with love, he rejoices in our pups feel. I scent him and that's when it hits me, the smell I have been without for nearly seven years.

My mate, I can smell him on my son. Mown grass and fresh linen.

My wolf purrs once again.

He slots his face in-between my neck and inhales.

"You're what I smell. Its nice". He whispers shyly against my neck. He rests his head against my shoulder and sighs with contentment. I feel pride wash through me, I'm making him feel safe, his and my wolf are connecting.

He's mine and I'm not letting him go, I have to have him, I know he's mine.

But wait..

That's when it hits me.

Charlie is here!.

'Dur, dumbass!'

...

Charlie POV:

"He's not in the park?". I ask hopefully.

My dad and brother shake their heads sadly.

My chest clenches painfully, my wolf whining, my dad rests a hand on my shoulder, calming me somewhat.

"Don't worry Cub, we'll find him".

I pull away from his touch and glare at his calm face.

"How can you say that?". My hands clench together. " he doesn't know this place, anything could happen! He could be with strangers or-".

"His father". Benny cuts me off.

Feeling like I've just been slapped in the face, I turn to my brother and muster all of my hate in the dirtiest look I throw at him.

"I'm his father". I hiss, my teeth clenching together. Resisting the urge to slap him in the face.

He sighs quietly as he scratches the back of his neck avoiding my gaze.

"You're his mother, Charlie. Hunter is his father". He explains quietly.

I know he's right but I don't want that man affiliated with my son.

Running a hand through my hair, I force myself to take a deep breath, I swallow my bile.

Benny looks up at me worriedly.

"His sense of smell isn't that good yet, he only knows my smell". I explain, fear gripping me tight.

He folds his bulging arms against his chest.