Chapter 18: Guilt, Fears, and a Drive Out

Start from the beginning

Bumblebee nodded and walked over to the human area. He bent down to allow Michael and Raf to climb down. The young teen then went to him room as the others watched him go, concerned.

Later, Michael was in his room. He hadn't left it for awhile, wanting to be left alone. He laid on his berth in his Cybertronian form, staring at the ceiling, his systems wanting to shut down, but his mind stayed active, as he was lost in thought.

They were interrupted, however, by a knock at his door.

"Michael? Are you in there?" Came Arcee's voice. Michael said nothing at first, as he wanted to be alone, but realized that they were worried about him, and he knew he needed to do something about his nightmares.

"....Yeah.... Come in...." He replied, sighing. The door opened, and Arcee walked in.

"The others and I are worried about you, so I decided to check up on you." The blue femme said. Michael just nodded, and said nothing.

Arcee studied his form, as she thought over the possible things that were afflicting the young Techno-Organic. Eventually, she came to a conclusion that she herself had suffered from in the past.

"You're suffering from nightmares. Aren't you?" She asked. Michael turned his helm over to look at her, a tired and sorrowful expression on his faceplate. Arcee slightly gasped at his optic color.

They were neither red nor blue...

They were a pale green.

Michael didn't reply to her question, but just nodded. Arcee then asked another question.

"It has to do with 'Bee and Megatron, doesn't it?"

Again, Michael said nothing, but simply nodded. Arcee sighed, and decided to try and help him, as she knew what it was like to see a partner suffer.

"I know what it's like to see your partner be harmed..." She started, but she never finished. 

She didn't know it, but her words made the young mech's anger boil over.

"This isn't like Tailgate...." Michael muttered quietly.

"Huh?" Arcee asked, not having fully heard him.

"THIS ISN'T LIKE TAILGATE!" Michael burst out, sitting up and looking at her full on with an expression of rage, his optics going red. "This is nothing like Tailgate...!" He hissed in anger.

Arcee stepped back slightly, not having expected such a reaction. Michael calmed down, but his anger still remained.

"Do you know what it's like," He began. "to know of the events to come and not know what to do at certain moments? And when such an event like the one with Megatron arises and that you know the one you care about volunteers to put himself in danger without knowing it? What happened to Bumblebee in the original events is nowhere near as bad as what happened a few days ago. I had been hoping to prevent Megatron from following us back to our minds, but my plan was flawed, and it still happened anyway. What happened ended up being ten times worse than what had happened in the original events, and it's my fault! I put him in a far worse situation than what had happened originally!" Michael continued, his voice beginning to waver. "I hurt him, Arcee...! I hurt him...! It was my fault...! Bumblebee doesn't deserve me...."

Michael went silent, and Arcee just stared at him. She could see just how different his experience was compared to when she lost Tailgate, but at the same time, she could see just how similar they were. Arcee said nothing, and left the room, leaving Michael alone once again.

As Arcee closed Michael's room door, she looked over at the hallway's enterance to see Optimus standing there, looking at her with a concerned expression.