Chapter 40

Maxmilliano

They all came my way and I had no choice than to use my combat skills now.
Dodging, kicking and punching.
When one punched me, the force led me to go way back.
It wasn't normal.
I was already imagining how my pretty face looked like now.
Feeling a little weak and loosing my defense, I gained extra punches already loosing my fight. My eyes widen as one held me by the throat and laughed...raising me up with one hand. He was a blonde with yellow teeth and a bad breath making me cringe in disgust. He was quite bigger than the rest.
I couldn't breath as my oesophagus was being stranded.
My little life left, almost got exhausted till we all head a gun shot.
He dropped me to the floor and I thanked the heavens for whoever barged in at this time.
Perfect timing but close death too.
I raised my head only to see Van.
Thank goodness.
He shot one but also had the same look I had on my face when I realized it had no effect on them plastered on his face.
I then pointed to my heart signaling him to shoot that side and he screamed "Holy crap!" as a scene that I've already tagged as the most savage in the world unfolds before him too.
I then realized Van had a bandaged stomach and bruises all over.
I raised a questioning eyebrow at him as he shot 3 more men.
"There's no time, I need you to run out of here" he announces.
"I'll join you don't worry" he assures.

With my last strength I run out of the place.
Some men chased me but Van had them under control.
Surrounding my self with trees now and had no where to go I looked around.
I sigh when I saw Van's car.
I pant as I head towards it.
Before I could open and slide inside I heard that one sound.
A noise.
Screams.
I turned around and from a distance saw flames.
A place I left not few minutes ago.
The flame consumed the screams.
Thinking of Van getting consumed by the flame brought an ache to my heart.
But as soon as I saw him with a smirk from behind the trees I relaxed.
He surely won't let himself get into a fire he caused.

Thank goodness.

***********************

Maxmilliano

After a bad news, a good news however managed to follow.
I can term that as the works of the universe and life.
My brother was awake and that was great news.
Opening the door leading to his private room, I am greeted with his crooked smile.
Unlike me who they say I don't smile, my brother is the total opposite.
And if they ever told you I'm ruthless, wait till you meet my brother.
With a lazy smile, I went closer to him and we did our handshake. It been about 5 years now!
Without hesitation I pulled him into a hug and we embraced each other.
We both pulled away when we winced due to our injuries .
Unlike Kiana, our injuries were minor.
The injuries are not even comparable.
"How's the kid doing?" He asked and I groan taking a seat by him on the bed.
I won't lie, I've missed that name , The kid.
He calls me the kid because he knows how I hate it. I won't mind him.
"Bad" I told him the truth.
"Of course, you can't do anything without your super hero!" He exclaims with a smirk.
"And who may that be? " I asked already knowing who he's talking about.
"Me" he states proudly and I chuckle.
"Keep being full of yourself" I say under my breath but he sure heard it.
It was meant for him to hear.
"How you doing by the way?" I asked.
"Better" he replies.
"But I can't wait to be out of here" he adds with a dark look.
And I can tell who ever made him suffer will not have it easy.
"I know. And I can't wait to have you back in your position" he nods.
"Fill me in" he commands.
And knowing my brother, there's no point for an argument. I just obeyed.
He ones shot me in the arm for disobeying him. He's a Savage.

I proceed to tell him everything that went on, ...all our alliance, profits and loss, new businesses and everything.
I paused when I heard a knock from the door.

It was Kiana's doctor and my heart skipped a beat at whatever news he had. Her surgery was successful a month ago and we are still waiting for the aftermaths.
I sleep by her every night wishing she would just open her eyes and say something to me. I always hope and I'm still hoping. I don't want anything to happen to Kiana.
No way.
I almost shuttered when she couldn't breathe and we had to immediately buy artificial oxygen for her.
I am at my worse.
She still survives on the artificial oxygen.
There's been no change and it's beginning to shake my faith and hope.
Already, I was broken when I heard she was three months pregnant but she lost the baby because of everything she went through.
I cried all night thinking about that innocent soul that was killed.

I was immediately on my feet.
"Can I talk to you?" The doctor questions.
"Yes" I say letting him know he should say it already.
He glanced at my brother and smiles but he just chuckles back.
The doctor swallows at my death glare.
"I wanted to tell you that your wife is really suffering. Her brains activity has reduced drastically seeming like most of her cells are dead in there. I advise you just let us to take off the oxygen to -"
My hand was on his throat immediately.
"How dare you" I seethe out, sure of how deadly I look now.

If not for my brother who intervened I would have killed the damn doctor.

Later during the day when I calmed down, I joined the rest in Kiana's room.
All watching her immobile body and I hate how everyone seems to be already mourning her.
She's not damn dead!
Camy sits by her with puffy tears because she has cried so much and cannot even cry again.
Xavier is a mess as he sits in the couch with his head bowed and her dad just faced the wall with his hands in his pocket.
I just stood and watched her.
I admired everything about her.
I don't even have to describe her again because at this point we know she's the most beautiful person you'll lay eyes upon.
But she was unfortunate to be in this family.
She fell into the wrong family.
She deserves more and better because this family she fell into is one that survives and not live.
One that fights and protects their life till they are able to get rid of their enemies which seems to be impossible.
But once again if she didn't fall into this family I wouldn't have met her.
She's my life and has brought life to my territory so as she has to her dad's own.
And that's why I call her the fallen angel.
She may have fallen into a wrong life but definitely not met wrong people like me.
I will fight for her till my last breath.
Beep. Beep.Beep.
We all snapped our attention to the monitor.
It was beeping and the line was beginning to be straight.
No!
A nurse came in immediately.
She cursed under her breath.
"Her oxygen is finished" she says staring at me.
Like at me! batting her eyes.
What the heck?!!
Is this the time to flirt?!
"SO GET ANOTHER ONE" I scream making her flinch and she immediately run out as I run to Kiana.
Every one was saying something but I couldn't here.
I zoomed out as all I could see was her immobile body.
The doctor comes in and then followed by the nurse who left few minutes ago.
She had a panick look.
"The oxygen is finished. New ones will be arriving at 2pm" she received a slap from the doctor.
"You knew this why didn't you tell us so we could get some from the near by hospital to support our other patients who may also run out?!" The doctor asked angrily but it was obvious he was very scared at what I will do to him.
I wrapped my hand around his neck ready to take away his life but I pulled away pulling hashly on my hair and letting the tears fall as I go on my knees.
I can't loose her.
Camy screams as she shakes Kiana and so as everyone rants about something. There was noise everywhere.
But the zigzag line finally draws to a straight line indicating she's....
Dead.
I scream as much as I could and i drop my head into my palms as I sit on the floor and cry like a baby.
I can't loose her.
Damn I've lost her.
There was a loud silence in the room as even Camy couldn't cry any longer.
She just laid her head on Kiana's chest.
So everything is going to end just like that??!
I crawled to her side and begged her to wake up.
"Kiana please. Don't do this" I cup her cheek as I spoke to her. I heard the ears are always the last part to die so she should be able to hear me.
"See, just come back and I'll do anything for you. Anything.
I can get you the world-" I pause as I take a breath to control my tears.
"I can even get you the world. Maybe I never told you this but I want you. I need you. I can't do without you because when you came in my life you showed things no one has and I think no one will ever will. You understand everything even my silence. I love you Kiana. Just come back".
And with no difference made, I lay on the floor again burring my head in my palm.

Why does life sucks?
I take in a deep breath trying to contain my anger till I heard the nurse scream"SWEET JESUS".

~Jackie