Chapter 30

2:43pm
Monday, August 5, 2000.
She delivered a set of twins to the inked man.
She separated them from their other soul.
She replaced them with two dead bodies making everyone believe that there was only one baby survivor.
She did it so well that no one suspected a thing.
She finally took that path where she had to sacrifice someone's else's property...
Deep down within her she knew it was wrong but she had no option. At least that's what she thought.
The man with yellow teeth was just so happy with her.
He had managed to do what his Boss asked of him which means he's gonna be praised and be more trusted.
Getting the property of the enemies.
To turn the property of their enemies into their own weapon to defeat them in the future.
It has been accomplished.
The woman worked for the hospital for a couple of months before she decided to execute her plan just to be on a safer side.
For an innocent woman like her who hasn't done such thing before , she sure is smart.
She thinks twice before doing anything.
She did pay her dept of and went further to buy a house somewhere in Washington DC.
She just had to act a little and work with the huge Italian hospital for a couple of months before giving out a very tangible reason to leave.
She didn't act like someone who has become wealthy but instead she acted like she's more broke than ever.
She's just smart.
And just when she left Italy for America with her only beloved son to start the new chapter of their life, so did she shut her eyes and wiped those memories and act off like it never happened.
It never happened.
She never gave a two out of three set of triplet to anyone.
After all, She's a believer.

--------------------------------------------

Kiana

The world keeps on spinning and never decides to stop for my sake .
Of course , it won't.
It doing it thing and as it won't wait for anyone it won't wait for me either.
The heavy weight on my heart seems to be increasing each day.
It been a week since Rin left and never returned.
It always me.
Me.
I.
Myself.
" It Always you. What you want and what you think you deserve. And one more it you again. You and your so called husband.
I've sacrificed everything for you since childhood but it seems you didn't appreciate it. Ungrateful being. If you truly loved me you would have spoken to your damn husband at least. You let him behead the only guy I only loved. Kiana why?"

The words keep on ringing in my ears like it was just said yesterday.
The hurt in her eyes.
Although she's not around I can see her hurt face right in my face before disappearing.
But the thing is I'm confused.
I just don't know when I acted ungrateful towards her.
I've always been happy of everything she does for me.
I love her like my own sister.
I agreed with her on everything .
But...
Today I don't agree with her.
She's wrong.
None of this is my fault.
At first I thought it was but Max made me see beyond that lie.
None of this is my fault.
Max has shown me all the evidence that tells that the Jamaicans and Japans were working for the Russians.
We aren't letting them go easily to join them like the Pakistan's.
The deal is if you break the Omertà you get yourself killed.
It's simple.
There was no way I could have prevented Max from killing those people.
The day he declared the elimination, I talked to him to stop it but I rather saw the dark side of him...His Mafia side.
I Just couldn't do anything.
Just after that I got emotionally blasted by Rin.
I was rendered speechless that day.
Not until Max came to me two days after to comfort me.
If someone told me that I would find comfort in his arms I would have told the person that he or she was sick in the head.
But look at me now... I even need his shoulders to place my head on and his arms around my small waist but he isn't available.

*****************************

Max

She's Always blaming everything on her self and I'm tired of it.
Well, I'm not tired of her but that side of her.
Those two Don's broke the Omertà and they need to face the consequences.
I just didn't know her friend Rin and the heir to the Japan Mafia where a thing .
I would have considered his death but it was too late. I couldn't take my words back like that and yeah, my ego maybe to big but yeah?
I Just felt bad for seeing Kiana in such state... Kiana of all people has been quite and low in spirit this week.
I've only been able to comfort her ones after I made her feel bad the day she tried to confront me.
Sometimes some decisions have to be taken.
I know what I'm doing and I'm fully in control of this.
I know I did hurt Rin but she should just bare with it.
If she had given me the chance to speak to her I would have definitely made it up to her but that doesn't mean I'll spare the life of her boyfriend after his betrayal.
But she has to understand that the only reason why he got close to her was for information. And I'm sure of it.
The truth always hurt but it has to be told.

The heir to the Japan Mafia has always been a player so I was just shocked when I heard he's with Rin.
He was just playing with her heart all along.
I haven't yet told Kiana this. Is not everything she must know.

The phone vibrating in my pocket brings me out of my thought and feelings.
Already annoyed and tired of everything I answer the unknown number and place the phone on my ear.
" Am I speaking to Mr. Maxmilliano-"
"Yes" I cut the feminine voice off before it mentioned my full name.

"Uhh ok. Just wanted to inform you that your brother is awake"

@Jackieloveswriting was the one who voted for my previous chapter...yh myself.
Thank you for reading everyone.

WOULD YOU RATHER SPEND A WEEK IN A FOREST OR A DAY IN A HAUNTED HOUSE?

~Jackie