"Monza last year." Daniel says slowly, accent thick and Lando's eyes widen with shock. His mouth falls open, jaw rolling with tension at the revelation. Panic washes over me.

"No!" The words shoot out of my mouth with a shake of my head. Daniel frowns at my denial looking hurt, it's another thing I'll have to fix later. His hold on me loosens. "It wasn't Monza, not really." Daniel's still frowning, Lando too. "Nothing happened until the Monaco race." I offer instead, it's a slight bending of the truth. Of course I'm well aware this whole thing did begin in Monza, but that would only make things worse for everyone right now. I can only hope that Daniel understands despite the frown on his face.

Lando falls quiet again, as if thinking over my words, the idea of us - Daniel and I - ticking through his mind. "I can't believe this." He mutters to himself in disbelief, confusion is written all over his face as he processes it all. Honestly, I can't believe it either. I don't know what my own face looks like. I'm wound tight, ready for any reaction from Lando as he reaches a hand to scratch against the side of his face - a nervous tick he's picked up over the years. Time ticks by and it feels like hours siting here, waiting for something...anything from my brother.

He doesn't give a thing away as time continues to inch by. It's probably only been seconds, but it feels like a lifetime.

"Is it really that bad?" Charles asks, his accented voice breaking through the silence of the table. Daniel gestures softly with his tattooed hand, as if to say 'thank you'. Lando shifts in his seat and looks at him with careful assessing eyes. In fact everyone around us seems to, I'm grateful for the slight pull of attention away from me, it gives me a chance to calm myself down. I'm still terrified of what's about to be said though.

"They're really happy together." Charles notes, I don't miss the way Michael and even Blake are nodding in agreement. Emotion tugs at my eyes for the third time today. "I've seen them together and I think tha-"

"Wait." Lando interrupts Charles, voice flat and accusing. "You knew?" Guilt is eating me alive with the edge of hurt in the question.

"Uh, y-yes," Charles says the words slowly, his confidence is lower compared to last time. "But Amber or Daniel never said a thing to me." He tries to defend and my heart sinks, head falling into my left hand. Lando has a similar expression, as if realising that not only did he not know a thing, but his friend(s) seemingly knew everything. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. It's exactly why I should've told him months ago, before I even joined at the start of the season. "It's only because of Lilly and the trip to Monaco." Charles tries to justify, rubbing at the hair on his head. Lando's eyes narrow once more with the words.

"You said it had only been going on since the Monaco race."

"Merde." Charles grumbles in a hushed whisper. The quiet grumble is enough to be heard from here. I appreciate his attempt to diffuse the situation, but it hasn't entirely helped things. I send a sympathetic glance his way, the best I can offer all things considering.

"It has." I defend quickly. "Can we please do this alone?" I ask, eyes pleading and heart aching.

"Everyone already knows Amber, what's the point in being alone now?" Lando snaps his voice firm at me, almost taunting. I gasp, taking a deep breath in with the firm words, they sting a little. He's pissed off and I can't even be mad at him for it. It defies every instinct I have not to snap back but I manage it, instead taking another deep steadying breath.

"C'mon," Daniel says awkwardly to Lando, his tone a little warning at his previous words, an attempt to cool him down or relieve some of the pressure on me I'm sure. I'm just not convinced it's going to work, not from him, not now. Lando just keeps his eyes set on mine, not even glancing in Daniel's direction.