Chapter 3: Darkness Rising: Part 2: Acceptance, Coexistence, and Adjustments

Start from the beginning

"So, anything you want to get off your tin chest, Prime?!"  Agent Fowler asked rudely.

"We have the situation under control, Agent Fowler." Optimus replied.

"They're back, aren't they?" Agent Fowler asked, ignoring Optimus's statement.

"If you are referring to the Decepticons, I have doubts that they ever left." Optimus said grimly.  "Your planet is much too valuable."

"Then it's time to wake up the Pentagon." Agent Fowler said, wanting to just take care of it himself.

"Oh my fucking God..." I muttered. Miko, Raf, and Jack looked back at me for a moment before continuing to listen.

"Hear me, Agent Fowler. We are your best, possibly your only, defense against the Decepticon threat." Optimus said firmly.

"Says you." Fowler challenged.

I resisted the urge to yell out at him. I knew he grew to respect and care for the team as time went by, but that was no excuse to be so rude to them now, especially when they were willing to put their lives down for a planet that wasn't even theirs.

Then, Bulkhead spoke up, and I knew what was coming.

"Hey, fleshy!" He called, getting Fowler's attention. "Did anyone get splattered on the freeway? Team Prime knows when to use force." He said, grabbing a nearby tool.

3

"And how much to use." He added, putting pressure on the tool.

2

*CRACK*

1

"BULKHEAD I NEEDED THAT!" Ratchet yelled out. I desperately tried not to laugh, while Jack, Miko, and Raf snickered at the scene.

"Enough!"Optimus said sternly. "Military involvement will only result in catastrophe. Perhaps you can condone widespread human casualties, Agent Fowler. I, however, cannot."

"Then do us both a favor and handle this Prime. Under the radar." Fowler said, and he walked back towards the elevator and entered. "Or I will." He finished, and the door shut.

"Pretty big bearings, for a human." Bulkhead said, as he walked up next to Optimus.

"Agent Fowler is only concerned for his world, Bulkhead. As he should be." Optimus replied. Then the four of us walked out of our hiding spot.

"He may be concerned for this world, but that doesn't mean he should be so disrespectful to you. He doesn't understand what you go through." I said, annoyed at the thought.

"I understand your frustration, Michael. But, there is not much we can do to change that at the current time." Optimus said. I just hummed, and looked away.

I knew he was right, but that didn't mean I had to like it.

"Soooo.... who are you?" Miko asked as she, Jack, and Raf turned towards me.

I smiled.

"My name is Michael. Michael Crovan. I sometimes go by 'Mike', but prefer Michael most of the time." I answered.

"How did you get involved with the 'Bots?" Raf asked.

"And where are you from?" Jack asked. "I don't recall seeing you at our school, nor were we ever informed of getting another student." He added.

I smiled again.

"I'll explain later. It's a long story." I replied.

Before they could ask me any more questions, Ratchet spoke up.