Chapter 26 (Written Exam)

Yuichi POV

"Now then, we will start the first test of the Chunin Exam. Turn in your application, take one of these number cards in exchange, and sit in the seat matching that number! After that, we will hand out the paper for the written test" (Ibiki)

"Welp good luck guys." I said to the sand siblings, to which they replied 'you too'.

We all handed in the applicants and took a number. Fortunately for me, I got lucky sitting with someone or people I know. I was placed beside Gaara in the middle row and Menma sit behind me  'Why do I have a bad feeling about this?' 

While Ibiki was explaining the rules, I asked Kuro

"Hey Kuro, should I help my team?"
"Kakashi didn't tell you if you can't help them or not, so I guess you can."
"Ok then."

.

.

.

"Sacchan"
"Eh, Yui?"
"Sacchan, the real purpose of the exam isn't about answering correctly. It's about getting information without getting caught"
"So you're saying, they purposely made the questions harder so we have to cheat?"
"Yes"
"Ok Thanks sis, By the way, did you tell Menma and Sasuke about this?"
"......"
"...YUI?"
"Uh sorry sis, gotta go. The exam is about to start."

'Nope, I didn't tell the boys, cause I'm too lazy. Besides, they'll figure it out...Eventually'.

"Begin" 

Everyone starts reading the paper. These questions are on the Chunin level or probably higher. Luckily, I learned all of them in my world so it should be easy enough. I looked in front of me to see if I can check up on the others. Gaara beside me forms an eyeball with his sand and Menma uses Kurama's eyesight. I can't see the others though. 

"Kuro, can you tell me how my friends are doing?"
"Your cat friend is working together with Akamura but he looks pissed, The shy blonde one is forming a shape with her hands then passed out, The duck-butt-haired one is panicking, your sister is calmy writing the answers, The Hyuga girl is using her Byakugan, The bug hater kid is discreetly looking at another applicant sheet, the dumb one just staring the window and the brown-haired one is looking stressed out."
"Thanks for the info, Kuro"
"No problem"

I was answering question number 6 when I hear someone slam their hand down on the table in the front row. 

"No! No way! Who says I cheated five times?! Where's your proof ?! How can you keep track of us?! You've got the wrong guy! How do you know I wasn't just- "

Before the boy could finish his meltdown, he gets pinned to the wall by one of the Chunin with bandages covering his eyes

"Sorry pal. We were chosen for this duty because we don't make mistakes like that. You can't even blink without us seeing it. We're the best of the best and you, my friend, are history. Now get out, and take your teammates with you." He says, dropping the Genin

I hear a bunch of teams being dismissed while I finish my test. I write down my last answer and put my pencil down. I decide to just zone out while doing a pencil spin trick since I had already finished early.

Timeskip

"Alright, listen up! Here's the tenth and last question, but before I give you the question. There are a few rules that you need to be aware of." Ibiki says.  "Ah, made it just in time. I hope you found your trip enlightening. Well, take your seat."

Kankuro walks back to his seat, but not before dropping a barely noticeable rolled-up paper on Temari-senpai's desk.

"These rules are unique to the last question. Listen carefully and try not to let them frighten you...Very well, then rule number one, each of you is free to choose not to be given the final question, It's your decision."

"Whoa, so what's the catch? What will happen if we don't want to do it?" Temari senpai asked.

"If you choose to not take the tenth question, regardless of your answers to the other nine, you'll get a zero. In other words, you'll fail, of course, your teammates will also fail."

Everyone starts to whisper about how it wasn't much of a choice.

"I wasn't finished, if you decide to do the question, but answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail, you will be banned from taking the Chunin Exam ever again."

"HEY, THAT'S BULL MAN! There are lots of people here who've taken the test before!" Kiba yelled.

"Well, I guess you're unlucky then. I didn't make the rules last time, but I am now. If you're not feeling confident, then, by all means, leave. You can come back and try again next year. Those who don't want to take the exam, raise their hands. Your number will be recorded and then you're free to go."

I watch as people around me raise their hands and leave. A few minutes go by and there are 82 people, including me. 

So in this world without the Naruto speech, the number is still the same. With the extra team.

"Well then, for those of you that remain, there's only one left thing to do, and that's for me to tell you that you've all passed the first exam," Ibiki says with a smile.

Everyone, but me and Kuro, look at Ibiki in shock

"Wha-? Hold on, what just happened? Where's the tenth question? Sacchan asked.

Ibiki just laughed and explain " There is no tenth question, not written one, at least. Actually, your decision to stay is the answer to the tenth question." 

"Wait a second, so the other nine questions were just a waste of time," Temari-senpai asked, angrily.

"No, no, not at all. Quite the opposite." Ibiki then began to explain. (Imma just gonna skip it)

Timeskip

I turn to see a black blur in front of the window, Ibiki notices it too. Then the black blur crashes through the window. I watch as Anko-san spin around letting the cloth loosen around her before she throws two kunai at two ends of the cloth to pin it to the wall.

"Heads up boys and girls. This is no time to be celebrating. I'll be your next proctor, Anko Mitarashi. Are you ready for the second test? Good! Then, let's go."  Anko-san says.

Silence...

"You're early again," Ibiki says while stepping out from behind the banner
"Learn to read the atmosphere, Anko-san" I called out.

"SHUT UP YOU BRAT," Anko-san says while her face is blushing

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello, Hope you like the chapter. Sorry if it's short. 

Yuichi out-

Not proofread