Chapter 20 (Zabuza and Haku)

(A/N) I'll skip the part when they're training cause I want to)

A few hours later

Menma POV

I can't sleep.

I got up from my bed and notice that Yuichi is missing. I sense her presence on the rooftop and went there. I saw her drinking in a cup.

"Why arent you asleep?" She choked on her drink then turned to me, "Oh it's just you, why aren't you asleep?" 

"I ask first" (M)

"Hehehe, I'm not feeling tired, yet. What about you?"(Y)

"Same"(M)

It was silent for a few minutes until,

"Can I...ask you something?"(M)

"Sure, ask away"(Y)

"Tazuna said that you stay in his and his family's house for 2 weeks, but you were gonna for a month, where were you before that?"(M)

"That information is classified."(Y) *Cheekily

*Annoyed "Of course, you will say that" She just laughs. Then it got quiet.

"Hey Menma, Can I ask you a question?" (Y)

" What is it?" (M) It was the first time she calls me by my name. For some reason, I felt happy?

"Do you like anyone?" (Y) Turning her head to me.

I froze, unable to answer that. After a few seconds of silence, she starts to laugh. "Haha, so you do like someone.?" 

"Ugh, stop laughing. " (M) Embarrassed 

"Okay okay. We should sleep, tomorrow we have to wake up early for training. Now chop-chop"(Y)

"Shut up" (M)

"Hey, I just realize, you didn't glare at me this time. Are you perhaps warming up to me, Whiskers?" (Y) Teasing Menma

*Glare* (M)

'I spoke too soon' ( ・⌓・`)

A week later 

No one POV

"HUH WHY" 

"Because we don't know if they're after Tsunami and Inari or not. And it's better to be safe than sorry."

"But Yuichii~ I don't wanna~~" 

"*Sigh* Hugh, you're staying. And that's final." 

"Hmph" (>^<)

"Don't give me that look, mister" 

"I wanna go with you."

"Hugh no."

The others just sweatdrop at Yuichi and one of her servamps argument.

"Nee-chan, do you have to go?" Inari asks Yuichi. "Well, someone gotta keep your Grandpa saved." She answered while patting Inari's head.